Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cycling trousers for the long of leg and very skinny of waist
  • matt_outandabout

What options are there?

Middle son has ‘sparrow legs’, is 6′ with 33″ inside leg and 26″ waist. He’s too self conscious to wear tights or shorts, so I’m helping him look for cycling trousers.

He’s road tourer and gravel, with occasional gentle MTB jaunts.

What’s out there?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Time to increase his rations?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

No help here but at 6’4 and a 34″ waist I end up looking like I’m wearing shorts or mc hammer pants.

bikerevivesheffield

The decathlon ones may work Matt, I’m a 32 waist and 33 leg and ended up in a large! So shall may be ok

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Scandinavian brands. We are all tall, slim, fit and good looking here*

Try looking for cycling trousers or xc ski trousers

*2 of those are true

matt_outandabout

Thanks folks.

At present he wears Berghaus walking trousers – while they fit, they are loose in the leg. One idea we’ve had is to re-sew the lower leg. So @howsyourdad1 may also be in to something over other outdoor trousers.

BadlyWiredDog

At present he wears Berghaus walking trousers – while they fit, they are loose in the leg. One idea we’ve had is to re-sew the lower leg. So @howsyourdad1 may also be in to something over other outdoor trousers.

Or maybe look at the more climbing-orientated trousers where they’ve deliberately snugged the lower leg so you can see what your feet are doing on the rock?

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Hi, see my recent post on this. I ordered Troy Lee sprint trousers in the end but there were a few suggestions.

fergal
    Free Member

Actually the Decathlon trousers are pretty good value, bought some Fox ones a while ago (very limited choice) for a lot of money you get to advertise the brand with thier awful logos.

tjagain

I got some dare 2 b walking trousers that are very skinny fitting – correct waist for me at 34 and my calves and thighs barely fit them and a lot of elasticity in them

https://www.dare2b.com/mens-appended-ii-lightweight-walking-trousers-black/

I got them for much less from go outdoors. Might not be skinny enough – give the poor bugger some pies!

scotroutes

Keela Roadrunners/Scuffers come in a range of leg length/waist sizes so you might get something there.

mrmoofo

the Decathlon AM may work – after years of waiting, I just received a pair on 2XLs. I was working on the basis that 2XL from Decathlon is normally just a little big – but better to have room to move.

These were asking tight. Supposedly for a 41-43 inch waist ( which I am not). The waist measures 35 inch …
    The legs are around 32 inch and skin tight – so as they are way undersized they may work for him.

abingham

I have a similar problem, though maybe not as extreme, and I’ve found the trousers and shorts from Norrona fit really nicely with loads of adjustment to snug them up as needed.

I use the small Fjora Flex 1 trousers and Flex 1 light shorts, and I’m a 26in waist with 31in leg.

AngusWells

Same problem here Matt. Berghaus Extrem Fast Hike trousers come in a 28 waist 34 leg. The leg has a Velcro reducer at the ankle, a sort of self contained cycle clip. A bit pricey but work for me on and off the bike.

I have just checked and they have the blue ones in stock.

matt_outandabout

@AngusWells – indeed why we wear Berghaus trousers in this house. 3x of us in long leg (34″) and two in Short leg (29″), all with different waists…

I’ll look those ones out.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cycling trousers for the long of leg and very skinny of waist’ is closed to new replies.