Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Cycling top that's not a cycling jersey
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Looking for something to wear on the bike. Cotton t-shirts are just horrible to wear and not comfortable after a bit of sweatage.

I need something that’ll be a little more comfortable but far too fat to be wearing cycling jerseys.

What can people recommend?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Loose fitting merino wool, something from IceBreaker or the like.

sambob
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with a football shirt. Last much longer than cycling tops too.

uplink
    Free Member

Cheap football shirts etc. from the likes of MandM?

Andituk
    Free Member

Loads of more generous fitting jerseys about, from the likes of Royal, Troy Lee etc.

Or go down to the nearest sports shop and look at things like Nike Dri Fit.

kimbers

plenty of decent baggy cycling jerseys out there

check out cyclesurgery at the moment and enter TT99 as a discount code 10% off for one day only

the dakine 3/4 sleeve ones are nice and baggy

trailmonkey

footy shirts.

thread closed.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Motocross/trials style shirt?

I use Jitsie and Hebo stuff on top of a T-shirt during winter, Baggy enough to hide my midriff and not sweaty.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I bike in Berghaus shirts usually, very breathable (the argentium stuff, which has got silver ion threads, i.e. anti-odour tech). If it’s really cold and windy i’ll wear two shirts and it’s excellent for breathability and wind stopping. Any brand with the same tech would do. Merino Wool defo being top notch stuff.

stgeorge

Football shirts

iDave
    Free Member

lose weight?

dogbert
    Free Member

lose weight?

Thanks for that…….trying

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Footy shirts ftw!

Speshly red ones:

Check pon skilz dem! 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

Any high wicking T shirt will do. Normally polypropylene and often cheap.

You could try the likes of blacks, millets, go outdoors, decathlon or any sport shop. Normally sold as running/hiking/gym stuff.

Decathlon ones are about £5 each IIRC I bought a load for mountain biking as I don’t always want an XC/race jersey.

rocketman
    Free Member

Fox Phoenix. Looks like a tee, feels like a tee, not a tee

Klunk
    Free Member

shame raceface have gone bust, got a few of their baggy riding tops, nicely understated, roomy, comfy and light…. pong like **** after about 10 mins though.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Any outdoorsy type thing.

DezB
    Free Member

Elfin is actually a 19 stone biffer. See what footy shirts can do?

Sombrio riding shirts for me. Great synthetic material and very stylish, natch (also cheap in online sales).

atlaz
    Free Member

I thought Raceface had been bought? Anyway, if you’re in the market for a footy shirt, there are plenty of jersey options what wouldn’t look any different. Consider the “freeride” or dh types perhaps?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes but it does not in any way show, Dez.

It’s cos I’m very dense. Like Plutonium.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I don’t own any cycling specific tops, I generally wear Berghaus, Northface or any other tech tops I come across in the sales.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Karrimor stuff from ‘Sports Direct’ is pretty good for cheap and cheerful use

BigJohn

I got a really good “technical Tshirt” from Milletts in the sale. Peter North I think. I also used it (and a similar Berghaus one) for windsurfing in Turkey. Because every drongo who just sits at the pool all day has to have the full kit of Quiksilver board shorts, O’Neill rash vest Billabong sunglasses strap etc.

arcoolc
    Free Member

Someone mentioned Nike Dri-Fit up there ^^^ somewhere.

I have one that I use for cycling. It’s a polo style shirt used for golf, and is very comfy. I sweat like a nutter on my back so know what you mean about cotton shirts getting a bit manky after a short while. This shirt though is much better.

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Decathlon do cheap wicking t-shirts and I believe they’re available in various colours and sizes. Personally I can’t live without (and I mean that literally of course) pockets on the back.

Mr Elfin, it must have been an awfully muddy ride to get that much crud down the front of that shirt in the first picture

yours, a bluenose

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Cycling top that's not a cycling jersey’ is closed to new replies.