Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Cycling Things to Do Before You Die
  • iDave
    Free Member

Go for a last ride, down the Windsor trail in New Mexico, on my trusty Maverick, before I have a shag fest to celebrate my 178th birthday

metalheart
    Free Member

I'd have to place the Marmotte and the Leadville 100.

If plans go right for next year I should be around Leadville in August. No way would I be fit for it though. What, was that a certain L Armstrong letting out a sigh of relief? 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

Pack parachute as I missed that sharp left on the cliff…

And take out life assurance so my loved ones can buy a car to remember me by…

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Moab and the Trans Rockies/Alps

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Do some lift assisted riding in the Alps. I know loads of you guys do it and I'm dead envious because circumstances don't permit 🙁

Seggons
    Free Member

get a hardtail again
    get a 360 table

chopperT
    Free Member

Summer 08 I was at the bottom of Mt Ventoux. I was keen to ride it, but it just didn't fit with what we had planned. I really regret not riding it now, and I've promised myself to get back one day, which could be tough, as I now live in NZ!

RepacK
    Free Member

Moab, North Shore, Lhasa to Khat, Cape Epic, win a race

user-removed
    Free Member

Kinavit – Member
    Lhasa to Kathmandu

+1 – or at least some other route through the Big Mountains.

When me and a few other pals were 22ish, we all saved for six months for a meticulously planned tour in the Himalayas. We'd done the Pyrenees the Summer before and thought we were ready 😯

Perhaps fortunately, it was called off as one of them got a job in Sotheby's, London, and the other broke his collar bone.

Anyway, that route is most definitely on my list.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Surprised to see no mention of GDR or Iditabike yet.

samuri
    Free Member

Oh sorry Ian. I'd love to do the Iditabike. But I'm too weak and feeble to even think about it.
    /looks around

No, no-one I know is tough enough to manage it, unless you know someone….

langy
    Free Member

cross simpson desert in oz

Race Info

it's brutal in a 4WD – but I have to admit, since I heard about it, I can't help but want to do it.

I've met people who've done it and they all agree it is amazing in retrospect but brutal at the time. That's from 4WD and camel users too!

I also want to finish a 24 solo.

Mega Avalanche.

Own my own land avec singletrack.

lap of Oz.

London to Istanbul.

I reckon lap of Oz and finish 24 solo are most likely on that list TBH.

grumm
    Free Member

Everyone should do the Megavalanche – awesome experience.

I'd love to do some biking in the Himalayas, and Utah, and the Tour of Mont Blanc would be pretty cool too. I'd like to do some silly euro roadie race like the Marmotte at some point – but I dunno how likely that is.

roadiesean
    Free Member

Mont Ventoux

Simply the toughest barsteward out there, scary when you hit the bald top out of the trees having seen it from miles away, suddenly you are there, it was hard through the trees, but then it just keeps getting harder.

Then you turn around and come down, the most fun you can have with your pants on.

Brilliant.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Megavalanche
    LEJOG Off Road
    BC Bike Race

myheadsashed

Go bike rafting in Alaska………

dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

North sea cycle route.

Vancouver to San Diego.

Summer 24 hour race above the arctic circle (24 hours of light in Yukon Territory)

24 hour race solo

Anything in Mongolia.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Cycling Things to Do Before You Die’ is closed to new replies.