Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Cycling stocking fillers – things you didn’t know you needed
  • burko73

Any ideas for cycling related stocking fillers?

Things you didn’t think you needed/ didn’t know about that are useful, helpful, handy etc…

qwerty
    Free Member

Assos chamois cream, Pedro’s tyre levers in pink, Park Tool GSC1, Meiser ACCU GAGE, Omata, socks.

doomanic

Rapha trakkie bottoms.

ta11pau1

Socks, energy gels, haribo packs.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member
    breninbeener

Im a massive fan of those Park chain washer devices. They are cheap to run if you buy VIROSOL floor degreaser from a cleaning supplies place.

Also one of the devices that checks chain wear.

Neither of these gifts are v glamorous, but they do ace stuff all through the year!

Ian

stumpy01

– SPD covers (Lifeline ones are good value)
    – Cable lock (coffee stops)
    – QR chain tensioner for when you want to transport bike with wheel out, or when cleaning transmission.

leffeboy

Vernier calipers.  Brilliant when you don’t know the size of a seat post, BB width etc

Onzadog
    Free Member

Timber bell
    Fork Cork
    Sticky Fingers
    Smoove Chain Lube
    Nox Sox
    Louri Strap (frame or seat post)
    Sticky Pods

CraigW
    Free Member

Pogies
    Kool Stop Tyre Mate
    Wera multicolour allen keys

fossy

Aye, Vernier calipers were very useful. Found out my old MTB had a 27.0 seat post. PX also had a torque wrench for £20 – it’s back at £34.99, but no doubt will price change again – picked one up as a present from my daughter.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’d quite like an Elite Deboyo thermal bottle.

anagallis_arvensis

Thermal bottle ordered for Mrs Angallis, thanks….I have already dropped hints re the planet x torque wrench

footflaps

Dummy axles for transporting bikes…

martinhutch

tyre levers which double as missing link pliers.

kmc version

northernsoul

Im a massive fan of those Park chain washer devices.

I’ve actually asked for one of these from my OH. This winter, using old toothbrushes just isn’t cutting it any more…

TiRed

PDW 3wrencho if you ride fixed or single speed. Lovely tool. And if you ride tubeless and need to put a tube in, you’ll not swear quite as much because it’s a tyre lever too.

Proper cone-shaped soft brush has been a revelation for washing the bike under the hose.

100mph
    Free Member

This guy is 3D printing various bits that you realise after viewing you couldn’t be without…
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/3dreproductions/m.html?item=264568147933&var=564325639994&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

kilo

Zefal Doodad Pump Strap & Pump Clip, slightly roadie but enables one to carry a decent pump on the bike

Sandwich

Assos chamois cream

Not the minty stuff for that special woman in your life though!

DezB
    Free Member

4/5/6mm – just brilliant for stems/headset etc

footflaps

4/5/6mm – just brilliant for stems/headset etc

Just don’t buy the cheap one from Planet X, the 4mm bit snapped off the first time I used it, made of cheese…

natrix
    Free Member

A saddle cover that includes a vibrator!!!! https://www.camsoda.com/products/o-seat/

the O-Seat is light and transportable, say CamSoda, which means O-Seat users can “quickly and discreetly affix it to their smart bike at home or to a bike at a local cycling studio.”

Tracey

After a recommendation on here I’ve put a 1/2″ breaker bar and a 8mm socket for SRAM crank removal duties to replace my hex Key and handlebar bodge job.

footflaps

Kool Stop Tyre Mate

Ordered one of those last night!

footflaps

I quite like these for cafe stops…

Just enough to stop someone jumping on it and riding off before you get out the door to lump them….

https://www.hiplok.com/product/zlok1/

DavidB
    Free Member

I have broken two of those hiploks. Can’t recommend

lunge

Arm warmers – The merino ones from PX are great.

ta11pau1

As above, chain cleaner.

Can recommend the x tools one, does a brilliant job.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/x-tools-pro-chain-cleaner/

footflaps

How did they break?

scc999

I’ve got two that get used if we stop at a cafe or nip into a shop.  Not broken them yet.  Would recommend.

Si

WBC

The ‘key’ (metal prongs) snapped in the lock of my Hiplock. Basic cable with combination lock much better

surreyxc
    Free Member

Wera allen key set, Wera TX set, pleasure to use, Stainless are on Amazon at a great price atm.

slowoldman

I’m currently wearing a dhb roll neck merino base layer. It’s lovely.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I loving some of that 3d printed stuff-especially the brake piston exercisers/free’er uppers.

DavidB
    Free Member

footflaps

How did they break?

The springs that the key pushes fail. Had to cut off the lock which was pretty easy to do with a leatherman

footflaps

I’m currently wearing a dhb roll neck merino base layer. It’s lovely.

I bought one recently as a base layer for sub zero rides, very impressed with it esp for the price…

cheekyget
    Free Member

The 3d parts link is brilliant….thanks for posting it

malv173
    Free Member

There’s a Seth’s Bike Hacks video where he cuts through those hiplock locks with a pair of sturdy scissors! 🙄🙄🙄

Living this thread though. Lots of useful things in here. And frivolous ones too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Cycling stocking fillers – things you didn’t know you needed’ is closed to new replies.