Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cycling podcast recommendations
  • Premier Icon ferrals
    Free Member

anyone listen to podcasts and have recommendations for cycling ones? I was listening to the crosscast ones which were great but no longer cx season and I’ve listened to all the ones I’ve missed.

ideally cx or xc focussed

Premier Icon montgomery
    Free Member

Really good:

No 446 – One Wheel On My Wagon

OK:

#18 Where the road runs out

No idea why there’s a massive gap there, sorry…

Premier Icon lunge

Bespoke Weekly is pretty good.

Premier Icon TheBrick
    Free Member

The bike show on resonance FM is good imo. Not racing based but contains some racing episodes.

Premier Icon timbur
    Free Member

The Cycling odcast

The Spokesmen

Premier Icon ferrals
    Free Member

Cheers guys, will look into them.

Premier Icon Roter Stern
    Free Member

Second Bespoke Weekly. I find it pretty entertaining and you can really hear the difference between people trained in presenting and people who aren’t. Listening to the cycling news.com podcast in comparison is like listening to paint dry.

Premier Icon crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

“Bespoke Weekly is pretty good”

if you want wilful ignorance and doping denial hosted by Rob “there’s no performance benefit from salbutamol” Hayles and OJ “Trek Drops kit now made by Mulberry” Borg aimed at the post 2012 MAMIL crowd then yes, it ticks a load of boxes. My other half Munqe Chick likes it 😉

If you like CX then CXHairs got there way before Crosscast, obviously US-Centric but cover worldwide racing (look out for episodes labelled TDDTIE – They Don’t Do That In Europe). Part of the Wide Angle Podium network which have several good shows including bikeshopCX if you are total tech geek (covered SHIS, building your own tub wheels, 2hrs talking tyre development with a guy from Vittoria etc), and The Slow Ride is 3 old mates bantering about riding and racing and butchering foreign names but I find them really entertaining.

My current fave is Cyclingtips. Neal Rogers, Caley Fretz and James Huang have genuine chemistry (one thing you can credit Bespoke with), but also have a lot of knowledge and insight and aren’t afraid to go off the beaten track (nuanced discussion of the boycott of Giro/Bell due to being owned by company associated with firearms, did a long piece on the culture in Columbia etc). I also like Velonews which Fretz used to be part of, which again tries to balance analysis with humour.

All the US pods cover CX in the season, I’ve got the impression most of them race so have personal interest rather than covering it “just because”. As of last year CXHairs also becomes an MTB XC racing pod during the summer.

Agree Cyclingnews is bone dry and is pretty much just straight road race analysis. Rouleur is trying to lighten up and occasionally has good guests on but sits at the drier end of the scale.

Premier Icon montgomery
    Free Member

That Resonance FM series is a great find; just listened to the Decoding the Landscape edition, very interesting.

Premier Icon ferrals
    Free Member

Cheers ctm, good reviewing there! 2hrs talking tire tech sounds like a dream to me!

listened to a few of the bespoke weekly ones last night and did enjoy them, but possibly anything would sound good at 4am when up with a poorly one year old 😂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cycling podcast recommendations’ is closed to new replies.