Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • cycling inspiration
  • scaled
    Free Member

There’s a bloke round this way that I met when he was leading an intro road ride, giving up his Sunday mornings to take muppets like me out on their first group rides. Nobody gets left behind, even if that means 12mph the while way round. That in itself is pretty admirable as people like him keep new blood coming in to clubs.

Anyway, ended up following him on strava and today he’s managed his first ride in ages after yet another round of chemo. It must be 3 or 4 times now I’ve seen him build up from 5-6 miles back up to 35 odd before going back in.

I barely know the bloke, ridden with him 3 times I think but every time he goes quiet I worry then seeing him start the process again.

Chapeau, and thanks Chris.

camo16
    Free Member

Sounds like a top gent, a worthy chapeau moment.

davetrave
    Free Member

Cap duly doffed.

Having seen how hard that kind of thing is he must be incredibly determined – my cousin (RIP Jo) built back up to doing the Fred on the back of a tandem with her hubby after signiifcant amounts of chemo for breast cancer; that really took some guts… Sadly the cancer eventually came back even more aggressively…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘cycling inspiration’ is closed to new replies.