Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cycling in Yorkshire prints.
  • globalti
    Free Member
    dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Saw some of these at dales bike centre, nice they were too.

Bunnyhop

O my, I love the ‘sheep’ picture.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

£230 for a framed print? Well I guess there’s a backside for every seat, so if she can get away with it good luck to her…..but it makes me wonder how much her originals would sell for considering they are vomit inducingly twee commercial illustrations.

For that money you could probably commission a less established artist to paint you an original.

sparkyrhino

Yup spotted them in Dales bike centre too, liked them myself, nearly as nice as the choc brownie

newrobdob
    Free Member

vomit inducingly twee commercial illustrations

I was about to have a go at you for that remark as i am the wife of an artist who can’t make any money from it despite being very very talented and (I think) original – I wanted to defend them. But I think you’re right, cookie cutter twee caricature countryside pictures I’ve seen a million times in touristy art galleries. Not impressed.

My wife would do anyone an original for £200, because it’s £200 more than she gets now and beats working her knees to dust in her current retail job. 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

Mmm, yes, I agree, I want to like them, but if she’s aiming them at cyclists the cyclists and the bikes are just a bit too “generic” for my liking, proportions look a bit odd.

For that money, aimed at cyclists, they need to really really look like riders, not a clip art picture of one.

MoreCashThanDash

Well I like them. Sadly I don’t have £230 spare.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

newrobdob
    I was about to have a go at you for that remark as i am the wife of an artist who can’t make any money from it despite being very very talented and (I think) original – I wanted to defend them. But I think you’re right, cookie cutter twee caricature countryside pictures I’ve seen a million times in touristy art galleries. Not impressed.

Well rob I’m glad you didn’t have a go at me, especially when you agree with me 😉 . As I alluded to in my post, I don’t resent the artist for making money but the price of her prints are comparable to someone who might command £10,000+ for an original.

My wife would do anyone an original for £200, because it’s £200 more than she gets now and beats working her knees to dust in her current retail job.

Well perhaps you could post up some of her work and she might get a commission out of it.

newrobdob
    Free Member

This is one of the first paintings she did for me, it is a pic of an old clock radio I loved but eventually broke. Sort of abstract still life as the clock itself is unfolded if you know what I mean.

I’ll never sell it! (Have been offered money for it buts its mine!!)

Sorry about the poor picture.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cycling in Yorkshire prints.’ is closed to new replies.