Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cycling (Grinduro) on the TV tomorrow.
  • boxelder

The Adventure Show, 7pm, Sunday on BBC 2 Scotland, Freeview, Sky etc and then on the iPlayer.

You can also see Dougie Vipond taking an e-bike around/through the Cairngorms on Landward (https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bp5sv1/landward-20182019-episode-18)

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Thanks for that,I’ll look out for it on the BBC Player.

wind-bag
    Free Member

Just watched it on iPlayer, looked a good event.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Was a good programme but keep your eye bleech handy.

Once you see it, it cannot be unseen.

Lauf forks and 700mish wide riser drop bars…….on I think a moots ?

Crimes against nice bikes !

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Forgot about it, I’ll catch it on iplayer. By the looks of it they changed to route this year, took it away from the ‘challenging’ trails, was carnage last year – mince tankers and bodies everywhere… 🙂

crewlie

The tricky bits, for a gravel bike anyway, were still there, just not timed sections this year. Oh, and it was just a little drier which reduced the carnage 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lots of folks moaned about the price of it last year when it was first mooted, but when you actually see whats included, it’s not expensive really. Looks a brilliant event, and as you well know Mark, it’s in the best place too!.

crewlie

Hopefully they’ll be back next year. Quite a bit of new forestry tracks going in so hopefully it’ll open up some new loops if they get linked up.

Also the organisers work really well with the community to avoid any conflict. It ends up being a great event and good for the island as well.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve just signed up for the Ultra trail race in June next year Marko, another excuse to pop over for some recce training! 🙂

Blackflag
    Free Member

That looked great, cheers for the heads up. Think i now want bigger tyres on my Arkose.

cheers_drive

Looked excellent, quite a few women taking part too which is always good to see.

I’d not fancy that downhill shute on my CX bike in the wet!

vmgscot

Just caught up with this and thought they did a good job of presenting – hopefully that will break the Fort Bill DH/Strathpuffer treadmill of cycling coverage they have done to death.

Shame about that timing issue on the final stage – looked like it may have disadvantaged the MTB riders?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Shame about that timing issue on the final stage – looked like it may have disadvantaged the MTB riders?

Mibbe felt they had to give the grovellers a chance as top 2 were MTB’s last year? 😉

senorj

Nice one . Enjoyed that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cycling (Grinduro) on the TV tomorrow.’ is closed to new replies.