Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Cycling films – which is one do like best?
  • shoefiti
    Free Member

Can be actual movies, documentarys or stuff like the collective, which ones would you watch if home alone on a wet sunday afternoon with some beer and a pizza?

jackal
    Free Member

Seasons, or roam.

MrSparkle

Cycling films – which is one do like best?

And your first language is…?

PS I think I'd have to say The Collective or, the all time classic, Dirt.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

American Flyer! What a big piece of cheese that film is.

alexpalacefan

Belleville Rendezvous

A

uplink
    Free Member

The throttle works both ways

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Good call Onzadog. I have the soundtrack on vinyl 😆

mccett
    Free Member

On the Line, one of the best 'make you want to get out and ride' films i've seen. You cant buy it on dvd but the filmmaker just stuck it on his site for free instead.

http://www.goldsteinproductions.ca

Its in 2 parts, bout 35 mins all in. The little 5 yr old riding is cool, as is the train jump section.

AndyP
    Free Member

A Sunday in Hell.

yoshimi

I'll go along with Onzadog – All running Spesh Allez in the Hell of The West 😀

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

pure sweet hell

mdb
    Free Member

Gotta be "Tread" with Hans Rey and Greg Herbold.

The scene where they have been riding all day and are deciding what to eat is a classic which my mates and I repeated for years.

Has to be done in a Hans voice: "Good food or healthy food? Good food!" (cue enormous burgers!)

Others: The Collective, Brighton Aint Ready, Sunday In Hell, The Road to Paris

mdb
    Free Member

BMX Bandits!

vinnyeh

The Bicycle Thief.

dazh

BMX Bandits!

I saw that at the cinema in all it's big screen glory, and at the time thought it was the best film I'd ever seen.

mavisto
    Free Member

Breaking Away

Although I'm still not sure why the Russian riders had bushy beards. That's the stupid Americans for you!

rob39
    Free Member

Off Road To Athens.
    Tells the story of the selection of the American men and womens mtb xc team for athens.Great documentary

alpin
    Free Member
    zaskar
    Free Member

Breaking away. American Flyers and any Lance vid.

Coyote
    Free Member

Earthed 5
    Seasons
    Roam
    Collective
    Kranked 5

It's all good.

mdb
    Free Member
    robgarrioch

I like 'Home'

last section with Cunningham taking the Junior world c'ship never fails to raise the pulse

younggeoff

Good call with Tread, Re-tread wasn't as good, the bit with HB's cross-training and his baja bug follwed by the single track to the music 'Crack in the Universe' makes me want to get out and ride though. That reminds me , the sun's shining, the bike's down stairs so I'm off out now !!!!

nickc

A Sunday in Hell, seconded. Tremendous film.

yoda
    Free Member

Love a sunday in hell, American flyers and breaking away are both in my dvd collection.
    I love the shaun Palmer bit in chainsmoke!!Makes me want to ride fast.
    Tread is a classic too!
    "Trials is for geeks!Hipppity hoppity off the rocks,you know….whatever! Billy could never shred man!"
    "Good food or healthy food?Goooood healthy food!"

My fave bit of a film has got to be Jason Mcroy on his spesh full bounce in Dirt.The bit where he's pedalling his nuts off next to the dry stone wall,that's why we all ride caught on camera!

Lummox

Roam, that bit with the downhillers all racing in whistler together or the bit with the guy building the northshore and then on zoom out he's riding it, Epic!

fivespot
    Free Member

Home for me too

vernon-sez
    Free Member

#1 all time fave
    Kranked 2 – skinny North Shore bits. Awesome at the time. Still have a view every now and then. And the bit with Lopes on the dirt jumps (umm, is that Kranked 2?) and the dude on the Ellsworth doing the funky stuff.

and defo Dirt – JMC at full pelt (see above post by Yoda)

and Mudcows. cool as

afrothunder88

Coyote – Member

Earthed 5
    Seasons
    Roam
    Collective
    Kranked 5

I agree with all these apart from Earthed 5. Whoever chose the music for that needs to be shot, didn't like it at all and I think the music was a major part of that.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Monday. Short and sweet.

billybob
    Free Member

The Flying Scotsman was quite good.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Home does it for me too. I love the trials around Glasgow.

Other than that I love the Earthed series and always come back to watching them, the music can be hit or miss but the DJ section with The Fall is fantastic. Love the section in 4 (I think) with the DH'rs riding spooky wood and the freeride at GT and seeing how fast it CAN be done and one of the guys landing a table top on the back wheel and manualling around the berm into the next table top always makes me smile.

My missus thinks it's sad that I can ride all day and still come home and watch a MTB DVD! She's right of course 🙂

jonb
    Free Member

Best biking film I've ever seen has to be "The flying Scotsman".

Breaking away is classic, for all the wrong reasons. Good for a laugh.

shoefiti
    Free Member

MrSparkle – Member

Cycling films – which is one do like best?

Opppps – Sorry about that, not long got in from a 12 hour night shift at the time and brain was still on day shifts. 😳

Breaking Away

Although I'm still not sure why the Russians riders had a bushy beard. That's the stupid Americans for you!

Are you not confusing American Flyers with Breaking Away there, but yes i wondered why the Russian wore a skateboard helmets and had a bushy beard and massive arms, it was a kind of cross between Streetfighter and a really really Sh!t film.

cove123

not truley a bike film but i like the bit in the 1950's film version of The 39 Steps, filmed around Loch Tay where he escapes from the police and villians on his bike?

Top.Dog
    Free Member

clunkerz

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I agree with all these apart from Earthed 5. Whoever chose the music for that needs to be shot, didn't like it at all and I think the music was a major part of that.

To be honest, that's one the reasons that I'd choose Earthed 5. The music is truly excellent (the Earthed series was always good) and a million miles away from the by-numbers generic stuff that nearly every other mountain bike film lazily uses (rock-lite, hiphop-lite, raggae-lite, punk-lite, pile-o-shite). I enjoyed The Tipping Point a lot too.

Sunday in Hell is a classic; there was also another road film which followed, oh, i forget which particular bunch of lycra-clad, Belgian-mix fuelled madmen through a Tour de France… T-Mobile? Hell on Wheels? That was fun.

For my money, Virtuous and Transition take the prize for most soulless pieces of crap purporting to be about mountain biking committed to film.

Bregante

The Tipping Point

rob1984p
    Free Member

Uprising because of the soundtrack and that it focusses on technical rather than balls out riding.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Seasons for the pure cinematography and wow factor experience, there's a fair amount of "duuuude" to cope with though although Cam Mccaul does actually just makes me smile now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Cycling films – which is one do like best?’ is closed to new replies.