Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cycling clips for TV programme…
  • swoosh
    Free Member

A friend of mine works for a tv production company and he has been tasked with making a short video which includes clips about cycling in particular stuff that makes it look interesting to an outsider. i.e. bloopers, crashes, randomness, arguements, interesting events etc.

I’ve thought of crashes (a bit easy and plenty of them), the dog running out in front of Lance, Schleck the elder going off the cliff in tour de swiss, Cav’s wheel bending in a crash in the final km sprint, mad events like the red bull rampage, dulwich dynamo night ride, the Devil at the tour, Lance going straight on at a corner and across the fields.

Can anyone think of clips that make cycling look interesting? (And if you can link to it on here too that would be ace.) How about random events? any naked rides? any components failing dramatically? streakers? any arguments between team mates?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Peaty breaking his thumb at Mont St Anne? It’s on one of the earthed videos, probably a later one as IIRC he’s on a V10.

Gets up, looks at hand, other riders asks if he’s ok, and even through a full face you can lip read his words, quite ammusing!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I’d say Danny Macaskalls stuff should be part of this(prob spelt wrong btw).

bigthunder
    Free Member

There was a great clip showing horses pulling a carriage in the field as the tour sped by. Stunning. Or just show them follow me.

Macavity
    Free Member

Ines Brunn

swoosh
    Free Member

Danny McAskill is a good call, I remember that clip of the horses – awesome.

Ines Brunn is a good call too – i admit, i had to google her but definitely the sort of thing my mate is looking for.

soobalias
    Free Member

that guy jumping the peleton, cant do links from work.

Trekster

in particular stuff that makes it look interesting to an outsider

Not sure the stuff suggested would get an “outsider” interested in cycling, possibly the opposite as it requires an insight into our “sport” to understand some of it.
    Is the clip to promote cycling in general or mtbing as we all know it?

If it is general then maybe clips taking people through the bike buying process, clothes, how to find routes – to work, school, leisure etc
    Show all the relevant cycling bodies(this is something they are all doing anyway)
    Cycle skills. How and where to find out about courses for both off & road.
    Clips show all forms of our “sport” from toddlers, bmx, mtb, cx, dh to Red Bull stuff. Your audience will more than likely be ignorant of most of the diverse way biking has gone. That is my experience anyway.
    My window fitter cannot believe I have just spent loadsa money on a light that fits my helmet so that I can go riding my bike in a forest 💡

eg I am taking some people out on the road on a Bikeability 3 course from Fri and the next 6 Fridays 😆
    Just finished a 4day(week)course introducing some kids at a local school to a skills session and 2 of their teachers are aiming to carry this on, get qualified and start an after schools club and possibly incorporate into PE.
    In Dec we have a community day on a local estate where disabled people are invited along to have a go along with everyone else. Various other sports will be demonstrated on that day.

An example of something that may interest an “outsider”
    http://www.watchtree.co.uk/wheels.html
    http://www.ctc.org.uk/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=3379
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/recreation?gclid=CLCjl7nelawCFUMKfAodgk1Imw
    http://www.cyclingscotland.org/get-cycling/

swoosh
    Free Member

trekster – thanks for the ideas but it’s not an educational insight or even something that is supposed to get people into cycling. I believe it to be a programme that focuses on different sports each episode and one is cycling. These clips will just appear in a quick section at the start of the programme (i think)

nickjb
    Free Member

I don’t think ‘bloopers, crashes, randomness, arguements, interesting events etc’ would be especially intersting or good for an outsider. I totally agree about the Danny McAskill stuff, though. So many non biking and even non active friends have enjoyed his stuff. I’d say intersting tricks (ala DM or that special flip), big jumps/drops, high speed, interesting locations. If you want a little wacky then there’s the world naked bike ride or some unicycling (goolge kris holm vids)

michaelmcc
    Free Member

OOOhhhh,

Chris Agrigg as well.. A hill in spain is my favourite by him.

How about Danny Harts world champs run?

justatheory
    Free Member

+1 for Danny Hart run, especially the tail whip at the end!

daznal
    Free Member

The clip of the guy on mt fuji (i think) in Japan going for the fastest mountain bike run when his head tube parts company with his bike at 100mph plus is defo worth a look

atlaz
    Free Member

Akrigg for sure and the Fabian Cancellara descent in the TdF where he’s trying to catch the field

nickjb
    Free Member

Oh yeah, another vote for Chris Akrigg, great rider. He does falls very well, too, if you are set on that (terrible quality):[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBjXlgJ6X1c[/video]

Macavity
    Free Member

Macavity
    Free Member

Irina Kalentieva

Macavity
    Free Member

Bernard Hinault crashes
    Bernard Hinault gets up
    Bernard Hinault chases
    Bernard Hinault catches
    Bernard Hinault is at the front
    Bernard Hinault stays at the front
    No one can get past Bernard Hinault
    Bernard Hinault wins Paris-Roubaix

rusty90
    Free Member

Bernard Hinault lays into protesters blocking the Paris-Nice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqMqCc1Qy7E

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cycling clips for TV programme…’ is closed to new replies.