Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Cycling Brands that every Cycling Nut should have owned…?
  • Giant went from random manufacturer of bog standard frames to crazy innovators before dropping back into the mainstream again

I have fond memories of my Giant NRS. My only full susser and only bought because it seemed all the XC guys in my cycle club were riding them. If it hadn’t got nicked I would still be riding it.

WildHunter2009

For someone who got into mountain biking in the early 2000s a few brands/bikes stand out for me.

Rocky Mountain – Psyclwerx in Bristol had a Slayer in the window I lusted after and a mate had an ETSX which was lovely.
    Spesh Enduro – the first monocoque ones looked incredible although way out of my budget at the time.
    Cotic and Cove – I had a Marin Rocky Ridge which was a pretty early ‘hardcore’ hardtail but the Stiffee and the Soul were the bikes I aspired to own. I would still love a Soul.
    Marzocchi – Because bombers! and the fact the MX Comps and Pros were genuinely good budget forks and looked sweet.
    Kona – just cool bikes, cool riders and I really wanted a stinky.

Slightly unsure about Santa Cruz, I definitely aspired to own one. Finally got a Heckler and ended up disliking it.
    I think Orange should be on the list as well, specifically the 5, as love it or hate it, it has been one of the most ubiquitous mountain bikes available.

On the road front any celeste bianchi because they are just pretty.

BillMC

Cotter pins, Simplex, Unicanitor, cow horns, nobblers
    Raleigh
    Whyte PRST 4 (pain in the)
    Genesis
    Maverick Ml7 (just been out on it)
    Eddy Merckx

philstone

AlexSimon
    Trying to nail who is the Alfa of the bike world is pretty tricky.
    Flawed but interesting.
    Desirable but risky.
    Have flare.

Pace – RC200 – must tick every once of those..

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Zaskar, original, bellied the price and shamed a lot more expensive bikes.

Stumpjumper, any era, like the band’s that reinvent themselves the stumpy has been relevant to the time.

Soul, the current thread explains why.

RichPenny
    Free Member

FS:
    Orange, Nicolai, Santa Cruz.

Steel HT:
    Cotic, DeKerf

Titanium HT:
    Jones, Seven

Have owned (and still own) 2 of those, but average bike ownership for me is over 5 years. Missed a Jones on eBay a while back, unlikely to get another shot really. The Seven I have is a truly beautiful frame and won’t ever be sold – think next for me will be a Cotic HT.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Cycling Brands that every Cycling Nut should have owned…?’ is closed to new replies.