Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cycling Bib Longs For Longer Legs
  • gravytrain
    Free Member

Im not a giraffe so I cant be the only one suffering this problem. Every clothes maker out there seems to think you get taller as you get fatter. Im am 32″ waist and around 33-34″ leg but sizing charts all put me as large or extra large for the leg length but medium for waist. I dont want to have to take up extra eating just to get some clothes that fit so has any one got any recommendations? Not that restricted in budget but tired of having cold ankles

Shred
    Free Member

Same problem, but no solution.

I am currently using gore XL bib tights to fit my legs, but they are very loose around my kid section, like I would need to put on about 20kgs to get them to fit. At least the straps are adjustable so you can get them to fit right.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Stick to Italian brands, etc. I use santini bib longs, I’m 186 with 92 inside leg, 81cm waist and the XL fit perfectly

Lucas
    Free Member

I’ve got 35inch inside leg and use campag roubaix 3\4 which I use nanoflex leg warmers with. This works well and you can wear the leg warmers with normal length shorts and the 3\4s on there own

gee
    Free Member

Hi

I’m that size too – Castelli or Assos large fit perfectly.

GB

TiRed

Average height but I prefer 3/4 and a long pair of socks

Rorschach
    Free Member

Roubaix shorts and leg warmers ftw.

gravytrain
    Free Member

thanks for all the ideas. I find currently the altura bibs I have seem to be like a 3/4 length anyway!

jamj1974

I am fatter now – but used to be 32″ waist and remain a 34 leg. Pearl Izumi large and Lusso large were and still are fine for me – although lately just on road. Off-road I must admit though I find I am more comfortable in bib 3/4 shorts and 3/4 waterproof shell.

fanatic278
    Free Member

Take advantage of Wiggle’s return policy (free return postage). I tried more than a dozen pairs and ended up with a pair of Capagnolo and DHB tights, both XL. 6’3″, 34″ leg, 78kg and no backside. Both a bit on the short side still, but the foot loops stretch them down.

Metasequoia

6”4″ 36 cycling inseam,75kg, Rapha, fit but wait for the sales !

BigCol
    Free Member

6′ 3.5″ but with a 39″ inside leg!!!

If you send your measurements to lusso they will custom make you some for a 20% extra charge. I got some earlier this year, and for the first time in my life I have a pair of cycling tights that fit perfectly!!!

Highly recommended!!

Col.

jamj1974

39″. Jesus you have long legs Col!

BigCol
    Free Member

I’m special.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I’m 6’5 with long legs and struggled for ages with the same problem. Most brands were no good at all, but Gore are better than most – nice and long for each size. DHB was also pretty good, but not quite as long as Gore. Ended up with a pair of Lusso Max Repels, which not only fit perfectly but are also very nicely made indeed and really reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cycling Bib Longs For Longer Legs’ is closed to new replies.