Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Cycling, A driving Instructors Perspective
  • rickmeister

Its here in the blog.

http://www.diaryofanadi.co.uk/?p=10361#

http://www.donotlink.com/gzko

Its a bit of a read and is a pretty depressing perspective of cyclists and cycling from someone who educates road users. It features a fair few technical innacuracies but mainly, is an insight into the place cyclists have as road users from a person in position to influence learners and their thinking about other road users.

There is a contact button, but from the way he writes, F-off is about the best educated response you could hope for.

Should be read in that jeremy Clarkson with adenoids voice….

DanW
    Free Member

Reads like half assed trolling but is pretty scary to think people hold such opinions

Cougar

The comment about a “road tax” which hasn’t existed since the 1930s says all you need to know about his grasp of facts, TBH. He said it himself, ” I have always said: that driving instructors tend not to be the brightest sparks in the fire. ”

Can’t say as I’m surprised at any of his comments, my limited exposure to Advanced Drivers is that they’re a bunch of self-important elitists with an over-inflated sense of entitlement. (See, I can make rash generalisations too.)

I look forward to his Update #3 about all the hits he’s getting from a popular mountain biking website.

aracer
    Free Member

Quite tempted to write that to him, given it seems unlikely from the display of logic in his post that he’d pay attention to anything else and that would at least be satisfying.

and you know what, his smugness about tracing people’s IP addresses is making it almost irresistible to send a load of abuse via a proxy

alexpalacefan

He’s not really a very nice man is he?

APF

jimjam
    Free Member

I am really not reading all of that shite. Katie Hopkins by way of Jeremy Clarkson without the wit or charm. Attention whore trolling of the highest lowest order.

brooess
    Free Member

I’m not going to read it because I suspect I’ve read it all before… but do driving instructors have some kind of regulatory body and if he’s posting factual inaccuracies or outright hostility towards cyclists, is it bad enough for him to be reported?

lunge

He’s an angry and ignorant man, of that there is no question.

I do wonder if we as cyclists play the “pay your road tax” card in the right way. Instead of arguing that it’s not road tax should we just be saying, “OK, it’s a fair cop, I’ll pay it based on my CO2 emissions just like car drivers, so how much does a Prius driver pay? We’ll pay a similar rate that that.”

sobriety
    Free Member

Published September 7, 2012 |

It’s ancient. Don’t give it the oxygen of publicity.

rickmeister

Just seen its 2012 on his page but I double the thinking function in some primates develops much in a short time.

I have contacted him, curious is anything comes back.

jamiep
    Free Member

An angry man who wakes up angry and spends his day angry. But not worth engaging and thus giving any perceived validity to his rantings

Cougar

An angry man who wakes up angry and spends his day angry.

I wonder if he’s on STW?

D0NK

I do wonder if we as cyclists play the “pay your road tax” card in the right way.

well it’s part of the hypothecated argument, but without the rest of the argument it does sound a bit whiny <adenoidal voice> “actually I think you’ll find road tax was abolished in…”

The emissions based VED is another good point but unfortunately if you’re in the road tax argument with someone then chances are you are dealing with an idiot so facts aren’t really going to cut it either way.

D0NK

Just had a look to see if he’s still blogging and it seems like cyclists aren’t the only group he has a pop at

Apparently – and you need the frontal lobotomy that goes along with feminism get even close to seeing any wrong in it

from here.

So yeah, angry man.

footflaps

I wonder if he’s on STW?

probably one of the mods 😉

edlong
    Free Member

Why are we promoting traffic to something / someone like that?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Wah wah wah blah blah blah cahnt.

Kryton57

I wonder if he‘s on STW drives a VW?

SaxonRider

He is angry. If you read his ‘About’ page, his long rant about ‘teamwork’ says it all. Even if one agreed with aspects of what he says, he reminds me of some of the broken souls I have encountered in my work: total lack of introspection, and a very selective grasp of facts.

Let’s stop giving him traffic, and let him get on with listening to Rush.

jekkyl

a huge number of cyclists regularly engage in the following:

riding slowly on fast roads

LOL.

bigblackshed

The man is an arse.

bigblackshed

I’ve just done my very first “report post”.

Echoing what some of you have said about not sending traffic to his blog, asking if is possible to add the “Daily Mail” warning to the link.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Those who oppose this article are missing the point completely.

Not much point attempting to discuss anything with this chap is there?

And look. He’s even found the fat-man-in-a-lampre-outfit picture. Bless.

listening to Rush

Hey! We’re not all cyclist hating retards.

martinhutch

What a strange, sad, little man.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

That person is an idiot. I’ve given up complaining to the DSA about instructors who should know better.

GrahamS

Heard it all before to be honest. Nothing new here.
    Bit frustrating to hear it from a driving instructor, but hey ho.

I do wonder if we as cyclists play the “pay your road tax” card in the right way.

As a general point, the “road tax” argument is now even more difficult to have without sounding like a hair-splitting dweeb.

If you go with the good old “it was abolished in 1938”, “it’s not called road tax”, “it doesn’t pay for roads” or the “we pay the same as low emission cars” routes then you might well get someone countering that by saying it has been re-introduced (in the 2015 Summer Budget), the government called it “road tax”, it is now hypothecated for roads, and low-emission cars now pay it like everyone else.

Then you’re left trying to argue that actually only applies to new cars registered after 2017 and the hypothecation doesn’t (re)start till 2020.

😕

I usually just say something like “local roads are paid for by council tax. I pay council tax like everyone else.”

Or even better, just respond to “You don’t pay road tax” with “I know, isn’t it great? I don’t pay for petrol either. Or parking.”

Cougar

Echoing what some of you have said about not sending traffic to his blog, asking if is possible to add the “Daily Mail” warning to the link.

I may have fixed that, sort of. Better?

garage-dweller

Or even better, just respond to “You don’t pay road tax” with “I know, isn’t it great? I don’t pay for petrol either. Or parking.”

Looks for like button….

It’s a bit like responding to a tirade of abuse with

” sorry I am a bit deaf could you just repeat that for me ”

muddydwarf
    Free Member

“you don’t pay road tax”

“I don’t have a scabby pitbull for a wife either, looks I’m two for two” is always a good way to make new friends 😆

butcher

I only had to read a few lines of that to see that he has absolutely nothing to say, other than how much of a dick he is, and how he hates people. I could understand if there was a point, or if he was funny, but that’s blatantly not the case. I doubt many people read his blog.

neilthewheel

“you don’t pay road tax”

My current response is, “No, but I see you’re in the top band for idiot tax!”

mdavids
    Free Member

Driving instructor. I’m guessing it was either that or behind the counter in Maccy D’s.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Cycling, A driving Instructors Perspective’ is closed to new replies.