Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • cycleshow today
  • jedi

i’m off for a wander around. hope it’s better than last year .
    Anyone else going?

lunge

I went yesterday. It’s not bad for a few hours but it’s not a huge amount better than last year.

Edric64
    Free Member

I`m glad I had a free ticket ! Prefer Bespoke Bristol by a mile

jedi

london bike show was way betterer last year. i’ll pop up and see

Edric64
    Free Member

I think Rachael Atherton is there today so that is something to look forward to,Didnt see any cycling celebs yesterday .I did buy shorts from Steve Joughin though ,twice British road racing champion !!

tang
    Free Member

On an aside I spent the afternoon with bespoked organiser yesterday, it’s going to be a whole lot better this year! Keep an eye out for a press release soon…

LimboJimbo

I’m in Solihull so I will probably ride up rather than take the car. Anyone know if there’s secure bike parking, or do I need the big lock?

FOG

I swore I wouldn’t waste the money after last years underwhelming effort.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m going to have a look around this afternoon.

unovolo
    Free Member

Was thinking of going tomorrow ,I take it its not worth driving from Manchesterville to brum though?

sok

there is bike parking, in the shed opposite. They give you and your bike a band but I’d take a lock too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Went on Thursday. What I really wanted to get my hands on was the Shimano road hyrdo discs. There was one set, on the Shimano stand, locked in a box. Must stop going to this.

poonprice
    Free Member

Is there much there for Mountain Biking? or is it a road bike fest? Was thinking of going tomorrow, or would my time be spent better actually on my bike?

matther01
    Free Member

Went today as i got a free ticket. Wasnt overly impressed with mtb stuff, but got a good close up of the pivot mach, stumpy and enduro carbon. Very impressed with the ti kinesis and van nicholas…but wasnt sure why ktm had the new carbon 65mm LEV on the 140mm lycan.

Good deals at intrepid tho.

Saw all the atherton family at whetherspoons but thought it to rude to ask for photo during lunch.

matther01
    Free Member

Coming to think of it…did anyone wonder if bmw had but the bars on their fs upside down?

jedi

Bmx was good. Deffo won’t go again

Haze

Very nice stainless Condor…

TiRed

Went last year and the year before. This year looked the same, so I spent a very pleasant afternoon at the club family day at Herne Hill instead. Will go to London though, and enter the IG race.

dandax1990
    Free Member

What a let down, Would of been heading off home after an hour or two if it wasn’t for the BMXing. Shame the crowd was full of roadies and was dead. Every jump they were gasping and shrieking.

dandax1990
    Free Member

And I wouldn’t mind my £10 back for parking, bloody extortionate.

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I’ve been the last two years and been very disappointed, but I think Madison are turning up this time so it might be better, only way I’d go now is if I had a free ticket. If you’re going by car expect to pay £10 ish to park it

matther01
    Free Member

At least i knew to park at the rail station – £5

bol

Surprised at how few smaller brands were there, but I guess it’s quite costly to exhibit. The most fun we had was on the electric bike circuit. Tempted by the electrically assisted Cube all mountain bike for Afan. 😉

Speshpaul

its was all right, took the boy he had a great day. the eleven water bottles he collected covered off the car parking.
    shame so few people had stuff to sell. but hey oh.
    i’d go again but i don’t think you would need to go every year.

bland

Selling is what killed it back when though, turned into a jumble sale and the big names weren’t interested

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i went on saturday on a free ticket. it was okay, i suppose. some nice stuff to look at, and we got some good advice about women’s kit from a couple of stands (for the gf, obviously).

the athertons Q&A was odd- “have you ever ridden your bike at cannock chase?”…

stayce88
    Free Member

went yesterday hoping to get measured for a saddle as every one i buy is so uncomfortable but nobody was doing it 🙁
    only thing i ended up buying was a sachet of ‘recovery’ hot chocolate for £1
    had a go on the electric bikes, the cube mtb was quite good, the throttle style bikes were pretty freaky

cr500dom
    Free Member

A (Female) friend went and was Fuming

Went to talk to the chap on the Enigma stand only to be told:

“Women don`t know about bikes, women only know about petticoats and halter necks”

Needless to say she went off to talk to other companies whose attitudes are a little more up to date 😳

corsair
    Free Member

the athertons Q and A was odd- “have you ever ridden your bike at cannock chase?”…

Probably an investigative journalist from one of the tabloids. And quite right to ask the question – the public has a right to know about these illegal secret test sessions even if they were set up by Pirelli.

Or am I getting confused with something else? 😐

Paul-B

Probably an investigative journalist from one of the tabloids. And quite right to ask the question – the public has a right to know about these illegal secret test sessions even if they were set up by Pirelli.

If only, we were unfortunate to meet the ‘fan’ (by that I mean stalker) who asked that question…

Very strange fellow, smelt like he’d never had a bath and insisted on talking at us all the way home one the train. Yes, he was the obligatory ‘train nutter’

Anyway, not the greatest show really but a way to kill a couple of hours and waste a couple of quid on a Saturday afternoon

mindmap3
    Free Member

I went as it’s not far from me and the tickets were cheap enough buying in advance.

There did seem to be a bit more MTB stuff this year and some great deals on Intrepid clothing. In some ways last year was better because they had the premier for Where the Trail Ends which took up some time.

It was better than being at work and no doubt, I’ll go again next year. I doubt I’d make an effort if I lived miles away though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sounds like I didn’t miss out. I got free tickets but didn’t think it would be worththe effort or the £10 parking. Sounds like I was right.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘cycleshow today’ is closed to new replies.