• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by aP.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cycle touring Tuscany
  • Creg

I’ve booked a cheap flight to Italy for May of next year, flying in to Pisa.

Originally I was just going to do a trip around northern Italy (Cinque Terre, Genoa, Turin, Milan, Venice, Bologna, Florence) but I have found a company in Florence that hires bikes for a week for a reasonable rate so it has got me thinking about spending a couple of weeks touring around Tuscany instead. Accommodation I’d probably stay in a mix of hostels and camping unless camping was more viable in which case I’d do that.

If it’s not viable then I’ll stick to my original plan.

Anyone here toured Tuscany? Any info you can share about it?

survivor

You heard of this before? https://www.tuscanytrail.it/en/

I was keen but it’s clashed with something else. Videos make it look a beautiful place to visit

aP
    Free Member

If you’re on road then the TuscanyRoad route (same organisers as TuscanyTrail) goes through Florence. Goes south through Greve then to San Giminiano and then to Siena. Is quite a reasonable road back to Florence from Siena.

dovebiker

There’s also L’Eroica, a permanent route of 204km that circles around Siena, Giaole, Montelcino etc – 50km of white roads and takes in some stunning scenery. Some of the small backroads are pretty hilly

aP
    Free Member

PM me I’ve got the gpx for TuscanyTrails 16, and TuscanyRoads 17 and 18.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cycle touring Tuscany’ is closed to new replies.