Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cycle touring insurance?
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

Hey guys, I’m doing a trip this Sunday from London to Brussels and need to get insurance. I’m not sure which one to get, the ones I’ve been looking at don’t insure the bike for much at all, ideally I’d want it insured up to at least £1500. Does anyone have any recommendations please? It’s a charity group ride, with camping each night, I’d be taking the Eurostar back and the trip is for one week. Thanks!

zilog6128

not sure about a one off trip tbh, if you’re doing this regularly might be worth looking at someone like Pedalcover for house insurance as they cover the full value of your bikes/gear worldwide.

Out of interest how are you getting the bike there & back? Does the group you’re going with provide a van to load them into?

jkomo

https://www.snowcard.co.uk

We got our trip to Ventoux covered by these guys for a week £40ish.

Never had to claim so you know…

It was a mention on this forum that put us on to it.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Hey zilog, it’s just a one off trip so annual won’t be necessary. Cycling there and getting the Eurostar back.

Thanks for the response jkomo, they look fairly decent, it’s coming up to around £35 for £1500 bike insurance. Sports cover goes up to £55 for £1500 cycle insurance so it’s significantly better in that regard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cycle touring insurance?’ is closed to new replies.