• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by sl80.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cycle to work – clothing
  • hammy7272
    Free Member

I have a voucher but don’t really need a new bike. I looked on Wiggle but the clothing through the scheme is limited.

Does anyone know of any websites that offer their full range of clothing via the cycle to work scheme please?

regards

Mike

tintim

Good luck I struggled with exactly the same issue. Ended up buying from Wiggle in the end, seems to be the only site that has a dedicated C2W website but it is limited.

You could try Tredz they have a C2W icon for applicable items.

FuzzyWuzzy

I have a voucher but don’t really need a new bike

WTF? That’s fighting talk around here. Oh wait it’s on the chat forum, nvm carry on :p

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Evans had a good selection in their bigger stores might be worth a look

5lab

iirc you should only be able to buy accessories (inc clothing) if you get a new bike anyway – whether or not they hold you to that is another story

breadcrumb

Tweeks Cycles sorted me out with components no issues. They just added on the 10% fee as the parts were already heavily discounted. That was with cyclescheme but worth an ask.

dessie72

Never had a problem with my LBS, Leisure Lakes Bikes

mtbtomo
    Free Member

No, you can now buy clothing /safety accessories etc without having to buy a bike.  They were promoting it quite strongly a couple of years ago I think.

When i got items from Evans on Cyclescheme, some items were able to be selected for Cyclescheme and other similar items weren’t so I gave them a call and they were able to change the settings to let me choose those similar items (I think it was a pair of winter boots so pretty legit).

I’d guess the margins on some Wiggle items might not be enough for them to want to allow those items on Cyclescheme.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Couldn’t find the same statement on Cyclescheme, but on Evans:

What cycling equipment can I get?

You can get any adult bike and a wide range of cycling equipment and clothing. You can select cycling equipment with a bike, or if you are already have a bike and are cycling to work you can choose to get equipment only, with all the same tax savings.

https://www.evanscycles.com/b2b/ride-to-work-employee

nealglover
    Free Member

I have just done this through Evans scheme. Have my voucher and my Basket ready to go. As far as I have been told so far, all clothing is available on the scheme.

Looking forward to a decent set of cold weather gear and wet weather gear this winter.

orena45

Yep, clothing/safety equipment only on C2W is fine, done it a couple of times now through local bike shops and (shock horror), Tredz. Will do it again later this year as well.

sl80
    Free Member

Cycle republic also have icons to show what is available through the scheme, as do tredz like posted above.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to work – clothing’ is closed to new replies.