Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cycle Systems – City & Guilds Pro Mechanics Training course
  • psychle
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience with this? Is it a decent course, could it lead to employment in the bike industry etc etc? Is £990 + vat a decent investment to make in my bike knowledge (with a possible view to a career in the industry?)

cheers 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

no one?

mdb
    Free Member

Might be worth checking our Cytech which is the cycle industry's recognised training scheme. The "home mechanics" course is very popular and considerably cheaper than Cycle Systems

http://www.thecyclingexperts.co.uk/cytech/cytech-home-mechanic/

psychle
    Free Member

cheers mdb, thanks for the link. slightly different courses though, 2-days vs 10-days. The Cycle Systems course seems more designed to give you a start as a bike mechanic I think? It is City & Guilds accredited, so I assume this means it'd be recognised by the industry?

mdb
    Free Member

There are other Cytech courses, check out the web link I gave you and look top left on the website.

If you really want to get into the bike trade (and improve your home skills) then look at either Cytech 1 or 2. I was suggesting Home Mechanic because its really popular at the moment.

Cytech is the industry standard. Over 500 bike shops put staff thru it and over 1400 people qualified in the trade and growing.

psychle
    Free Member

one last bump for the night crew, sorry 😳

any and all thoughts welcome (this is the course I'm looking at btw… 🙂 )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Systems – City & Guilds Pro Mechanics Training course’ is closed to new replies.