Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • cycle courier jobs south yorkshire
  • alex222
    Free Member

so I'm starting a masters at sheffield hallam uni and want a part time job. so really wondering if any one knows of some cycle courier work around sheffield, barnsley, rotherham, doncaster? doesn't seem to be much on the internet.

matthew_h
    Free Member

These are the only couriers I have come across in Sheffield. Never used them though so no idea what they're like.

http://www.velocitycyclecouriers.co.uk/

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

probably becasue there isnt any

a) there's hills, so the obligatory fixie is useless
    b) less trafic congestion which means motorbikes would be quicker
    c) not much need for couriering small packages between steel mills and medowhell.

IHN

sheffield hallam uni

*spit* dirty poly student 🙂

Cycle courier in Sheffield, well, you'll be fit if nothing else!

tron
    Free Member

Never noticed any cycle couriers when I was there.

Which faculty of SHU?

meehaja
    Free Member

there's one in Leeds? But TBH I think outside of London its all motorbikes and small vans. didn't email pretty much kill couriers off for small files/ portfolios etc

thepodge
    Free Member

in all my years in Sheffield I don't think I've ever noticed those cycle couriers. If I'd have known I'd have offered my services long ago.

alex222
    Free Member

ihn – i may be a dirty poly student but my 2:2 in automotive eng landed me a £30k per year job. just want something a little more rewarding. i had considered all of those factors; i just thought it would be a nice job part time whilst studying.

IHN

ihn – i may be a dirty poly student but my 2:2 in automotive eng landed me a £30k per year job

Good lord, they give jobs to people with 2:2 degrees from a poly? Now wonder this country's in a state 😉

alex222
    Free Member

yep the vocational nature of the course lends itself to engineering roles. apparantly.

finbar
    Free Member

I need that flat cap and whippet and i need it twenty minutes ago! There's a herd of cows on the Ringinglow Road and the van can't get past!

alex222
    Free Member

finbar – its a none stop world up here.

finbar
    Free Member

I know i live in Crookes 😉

alex222
    Free Member

forgot to say cheers matt, also did you sell townley your 106?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Hey up Alex, yeah, that's me. He seems to be enjoying it.

Macavity
    Free Member
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘cycle courier jobs south yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.