Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cycle Computer/GPS Devices
  • CaptainSlow

I currently use runkeeper to record rides and a separate HRM but would like to get a dedicated device to record data on.
    I want to be able to record data and would like the usual GPS style data plus HRM and cadence.

This has got me looking at the Edge 500/510 and the 800 (same price as the 510 but with mapping instead of blue tooth).

What’s everyone using, what other devices or apps should be looking at?

CaptainSlow

Tea time bump, anyone?

Dibbs
    Free Member

800 here I had a 705 before and the difference between the 800 and 810 is not large enough for me to justify the upgrade.

rootes1

Edge 500

CaptainSlow

Dibbs – do you use the mapping functionality much?

Am I right in thinking that’s pretty much all its got over the 500 ?(and a colour screen)

richpips
    Free Member

Garmin Dakota 20 (like the 800 but a different form factor, and a lot cheaper)

Dibbs
    Free Member

Dibbs – do you use the mapping functionality much?

Depends where I’m riding, day to day I just use the GPS to log my riding, if I go somewhere new I use the mapping.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

A Garmin 200 has made a huge difference to how I ride. I have one unit across all three bikes, it records my rides for Strava, gives basic (but once you get into it, quite usable) route mapping, has all the functionality I ever used on my multiple computers, and doesn’t have horrible wires running down the forks. I got it on a good deal from Halfords and would highly recommend making the move.

pmc00per
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking the same as the OP. Wiggle have refurbished 800’s for the same price as a 510.

Cant work out what is more useful, mapping or blue tooth either.

Also, whats peoples view in the cateye stealth. It seems to do lots of the garmin 500 stuff for 200 money

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Computer/GPS Devices’ is closed to new replies.