Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Cycle Clobber – Fashion Faux Pas
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Heading out for a ride last night and Mrs Feet says ” You look like Spiderman in that Jacket. Don’t get run over because I am not claiming you wearing THAT!!”
    😀
    Possibly not the most woeful outfit I have ever been out in
    (the offending jacket
    http://www.rutlandcycling.com/158424/products/altura-attack-360-windproof-softshell-jacket-blue—red.aspx?origin=pla&kwd=&currency=GBP&gclid=CNiN_J7D-csCFRG3GwodaJoL0Q
    So what is your bike fashion faux pas?

RustySpanner

I like that jacket.
    🙂

This winter, Brasher hiking boots with biblongs, the full Max Wall.

Mostly at night, to be fair.

rocketman
    Free Member

That jacket looks all right

Worst offenders are the people who wear grey tracksuits to ride around Cannock when it’s wet. A wet saggy tracksuit with a huge shit stripe up the back is not a good look

Combine with a 2-litre drinks bottle in a carrier bag on the bars for the full look

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Apparently wearing lycra on a black run. And riding an XC hardtail.

Apparently. 😐

jimjam
    Free Member

That’s a nice jacket. Really nails the, “Roma Gypsy down the dole office” look.

lunge

That’s alright I reckon, it’s trying a bit hard to be High Street but it’s not too bad at all.

The thing with any cycling kit is that you’re a grown man/woman riding a bike, you look an idiot however you dress. This is the reason I now dress entirely functionally when aboard a bike, and this means Lycra as it is the best tool for the job.

senorj

I think that jacket is smart – in a nod to mid eighties breakdance.

I have some Lycra with white panels – I only wear them in the dark or when temperatures are over 25 degrees. 😐

tlr

I sometimes see a not so slim chap round Sheffield on a road bike in full white Lycra. And I do mean full; long legs and arms.

Seems an odd choice of attire to me.

Mister-P
    Free Member

White lycra bib shorts matched with hairy pasty white legs . I was young and foolish.

jimjam
    Free Member

tlr – Member

I sometimes see a not so slim chap round Sheffield on a road bike in full white Lycra. And I do mean full; long legs and arms.

Seems an odd choice of attire to me.

There’s a not so slim (see obese) guy I see cycling around Belfast wearing extremely short, pink, jogging shorts. And when I say short I mean shorter than Daisy Duke’s shorts short.

jointhedotz
    Free Member

I have that jacket, my 3 year old thinks i’m spiderman when I wear it. Beyond that it’s a great jacket and far less horrid than a lot of stuff you see

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Top PSA on that jacket many thanks!

markoc1984

I have that same jacket and I had a random couple tell me that they thought I was Spiderman coming towards them on a bike. I took it as a compliment. I also think the jacket is a great fit and keeps the wind off.

yunki
    Free Member

did your mrs sleep through the entire 70s and 80s?

that jacket’s got bags of retro chic..

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

@ Yunki, exactly…now where is my Grifter?….

benp1

Heads up – that jacket isn’t so great if you’re tall but not wide. I’m 6’3 and a medium had sleeves that were too short

Otherwise felt great though, cuffs weren’t elasticated

rOcKeTdOg

i tried on a helmet (apparently my size!) that’d go with that jacket

rocketman
    Free Member

Yeah I tried one of those at the weekend. They’re a bit different eh

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Full team Sky regalia for proper knobbers, unless you are a member of team Sky then you have no choice!

rOcKeTdOg

rocketman – Member

Yeah I tried one of those at the weekend. They’re a bit different eh

handy for your riding pals as when it rains there’s room under the peak for everyone

footflaps

With that jacket, you could be an extra in

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQpTf2wuuno[/video]

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah, about that – last year I bought myself a cheap jacket because I rarely wear them, it looks a bit like this…

It’s meant for hi-viz road riding, but being the practical chap I am I don’t care as long as it stops my getting soaked through.

FF to last week, and I bought myself a new bike, it looks like this…

So now every wet ride I look like I’m about to slap someone in the face, because you know when you’ve been Tango’d.

binners

That helmet looks like its been designed to make you look like….

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ rOcKeTdOg – I tried one of those Fox Metahs on. For an expensive helmet it looked massive, wider than a Catlike Leaf! like a 90’s day glow 747 perched on top of my boat.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Team Sky kit (or any team your not a member of) +1

jointhedotz
    Free Member

Heads up – that jacket isn’t so great if you’re tall but not wide. I’m 6’3 and a medium had sleeves that were too short

Shouldn’t really suprise you but at 6’3 you aren’t exactly a ‘medium’ sized person…..of course the sleeves were too short, it was made for someone about 5’7 lol

(6’2, slim built, XL fits perfectly)

unovolo
    Free Member

That jacket looks like it was inspired by the old Nike Windrunner jackets we used to wear as kids back in the eighties.

I think its pretty kool

scaredypants

rOcKeTdOg – Member

[/quote]Damn, that’s UGLY
    … and its hat doesn’t fit 😉

bensales
    Free Member

Apparently baggies in an XC race aren’t the done thing

Who’d have thunk it? But then it’s been twenty years since I raced XC. I promise to break out the Lycra on Saturday.

DezB
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg –

Proper laugh-at-loud at that helmet. And I thought Fox wanting £100 for their shorts was their biggest joke!

DezB
    Free Member

bensales –
    Apparently baggies in an XC race aren’t the done thing

Except no-one gives a shit

senorj

IMO -Rocketdog looks more like big bird than woody woodpecker .
    🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Two words for you all….

Biker
    Fox

My work here is done.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Clobber – Fashion Faux Pas’ is closed to new replies.