Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cycle around Arran, Easter Weekend anybody?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

So I’m up in Glasgow over the Easter weekend with my other half and I’ve convinced him to let me take my road bike so I can ride the route around the edge of Arran that I’ve been meaning to do for 8 months now.

Rather than do it alone I wondered if anybody was free to join me? I’ll pick the best day based on weather, so I’d imagine someone living nearby would be best due to the possible change of weather/day but really don’t mind who!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There will be at least a dozen roadies on the ferry you choose, join ’em.

amatuer

Why not take your mountain bike?
    It’s more suitable for the roads around the southern half anyway, or you might decide to enjoy the off-road trails instead.

iainc

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    There will be at least a dozen roadies on the ferry you choose, join ’em.

and if it’s a sunny day more like 50 plus !!!

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Five ferries?: boats and bikes

iainc

^^^ that version is missing one section of the ride !! Starting and finishing at Wemyss Bay and riding clockwise is the way to go …

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’m sure my understanding other half will love it when i say “I’m doing the five ferries while we’re on holiday together, see you at 9pmish!”

Tour of the Black Country is the following weekend so roadie miles is more important than MTB miles for the weekend.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

and if it’s a sunny day more like 50 plus !!!

Your pamphlet of choice? well, you’re getting on a bit!

iainc

^^^^ y’know, when i typed that I just knew you’d respond like that… 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

😆

I just beat Perchy to it!

Stainypants

I was in Ayeshire last weekend and Arran looked amazing, hope you get weather I ridden it both ways, whichever way you do it some of the its the undulating bits around the south west that used to get me rather but I was a lot less fit back then.

Goat fell in the background from Culzen Castle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cycle around Arran, Easter Weekend anybody?’ is closed to new replies.