Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cycle 2 work scheme – discounted bikes ?
  • justa
    Free Member

Evening

Does anyone know if you can buy sale or discounted bikes on the cycle2work scheme ?

cheers

boxelder

I did. Depends on your bike shop. Lots of shops won’t do it though, as their already tight margins on sale bikes make it not worth doing.

justa
    Free Member

its at Halfords ?

clubber
    Free Member

not normally though in some circumstances you can eg if you can get your lbs credited with the voucher value.

cynic-al
    Free Member

They still get the £ with only a minor hit surely?

clubber
    Free Member

halfords will do the lbs credit thing but it normally takes some persuasion. You need to tell them that you’re buying a custom bike ie built up to your spec rather than standard and get your lbs to produce a quote. They’ll then credit the shop

thomthumb
    Free Member

i got a bike from halfords discounted; it was a boardman ie. one they would normally stock

MrNutt
    Free Member

RUN THE SCHEME YOURSELVES! (you just have to get your company to buy the bike rather than borrow the money from a third party co) then you can buy from anywhere at the prices listed!

UK-FLATLANDER

I had heard that the bike shops have take a 10% hit on costs, that is if you have a £1000 voucher they only actually receive £900

xtcenduro
    Free Member

Most shops will do it but charge a 10% fee, this is apparently what the cyclescheme charge them.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

Just to reiterate MrNutt – there is next to no admin for the company to run the scheme itself – just use the template agreement that you can find on the web – if you need I will send you ours.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep we’ll do it, but charge the 10% Cyclescheme take from us. Works out all round really.

v10
    Free Member

Same as above, 10% back on top for all heavily discounted bikes.

We still do stuff on sale at £999 (or similar), just invovles taking a £99 deposit on top of the voucher.

njee20
    Free Member

We do bikes for £4000 on Cyclescheme if people want, just pay the amount over the voucher, makes no difference!

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have used Halfords along with some work colleagues.
    If you want a bike that they dont normally stock then you pay full whack as they have to order one in.
    BUT if you have your voucher and you walk in to the store you can have what ever they have in stock at the face value they are selling it for.
    At the moment in my local Halfords there is the top of the range Boardman road bike (about £1400 list)from last year discounted down to £999 then cos its shop soiled there is another 15% off-so about £850. This is available at this price through the scheme.
    Cheers
    Steve

sexpest
    Free Member

njee20 you are very wrong about that and maybe you should call Cyclescheme before giving out such shoddy advice.

rickmeister

Wot Njee said happens at our workplace. Fact….

duckman

Yup, njee is correct.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

We do bikes for £4000 on Cyclescheme if people want, just pay the amount over the voucher, makes no difference!

Yes it does as the bike is in part ownership between you and the company, it can cause all sorts of issues if you leave before the scheme is up. tax man might take an interest too!

SSP

nigelj
    Free Member

MrNutt, kitebikeski
    could you point me in the direction of this template please.
    my search has proved fruitless.
    thanks

sexpest
    Free Member

Apologies njee20, obviously it’s cyclescheme giving out the shoddy advice

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cycle 2 work scheme – discounted bikes ?’ is closed to new replies.