Cyber bullying, trolling etc….lads mag censorship etc….

Home Forum Chat Forum Cyber bullying, trolling etc….lads mag censorship etc….

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Cyber bullying, trolling etc….lads mag censorship etc….
  • atlaz

which the site publish but claim it has nothing to do with them.

Godfrey vs Demon gave a limited amount of protection for ISPs etc. As long as they act on complaints then they are not responsible for the content. Without that small degree of protection the internet doesn’t exist or at least doesn’t exist in the UK.

The protection is having a coherent complaints/abuse policy and the police following up threats/bullying etc. Those women who were threatened with rape recently? I bet if the police dragged the “men” responsible for those threats out of bed at 2am for a few hours questioning that there’d be a different approach for assholes on social media in the UK.

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

I’d ban the celeb gossip magazines long before I’d ban lads mags. The gossip rags do far more to demean women (“she’s fat”,”she’s old”) than any lads mag and they openly revel in the public humiliation of people going through divorces, mental breakdowns, drug & alcohol problems etc

doh

utterly tragic for the girl and family but in no way should these sites take the blame as long as they do something about it once reported/complaint is made. and what would you like to see happen to the perp’s remembering they are probably teenage girls themselves??
    at the end of the day no-one is forced to visit these sites.

the reason these sites are so popular is because they are largely adult free so the kids get to say what they want without much chance of mum and dad finding out they are talking about cider/sex whatever with their friends.

this knee jerk reaction has went the way of banning buses cos someone wrote summit bad on a bus stop.

retro83

thegreatape – Member
    Maybe it’s about finding a balance?

Tug hungry 15 yr old boys can still buy lads mags and toss themselves silly, but my 6 yr old doesn’t have to see and ask about the ladies with no clothes on in the shop?

…apart from on the cover of Heat, Company, Now etc of course 🙂

Junkyard

at the end of the day no-one is forced to visit these sites.

Many victims of crime are in places they could avoid. Are all the victims somehow at fault as they did not need to be there?

the reason these sites are so popular is because they are largely adult free so the kids get to say what they want without much chance of mum and dad finding out they are talking about cider/sex whatever with their friends.

And the consequences of a lack of adult supervision are there for all to see. Surely you remember the parties from your youth I know I do.
    Of course children deserve an outlet but there is a very good reasons parents monitor and guid their children through life.

this knee jerk reaction has went the way of banning buses cos someone wrote summit bad on a bus stop.

I think you will find no one is trying to ban all buses [ the internet] because of this though they may wish to monitor or restrict the stops where this happens.

ohnohesback

I think celeb magazines and tabloid newspapers should be shrink-wrapped and put on the top shelf, away from the impressionable childlike minds that they may influence.

On the magazine front. Personally I find them all a bit unpleasant but on balance these celeb/women’s mags are really hateful. Full of judgement and nasty, spiteful criticism of women who aren’t shock horror absolutely perfect. At least the lads mags are (over zealously) positive about the (perfect/idillic?) women they feature.

It’s not justification for lads mags but I find it a bit surprising that women’s/celeb mags seems to be getting away with it.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Cyber bullying, trolling etc….lads mag censorship etc….’ is closed to new replies.