Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cyber attack on Stoke/Stafford hospital
  • BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Dons tin foil hat.

Anyone heard anything about an ongoing cyber attack against Stoke/Stafford hospital?
    Heard systems down, phones down and even Stoke had switched to backup generators…

Pyro

They got done over during WannaCry two years ago, but haven’t heard anything recent (and I work in NHS IT/Cyber…)

wwaswas

Large parts of the web are having DNS type issues currently – maybe that’s the source of the rumours?

geomickb
    Free Member

I can confirm that all the computers and phones are down at the Haywood Hospital (which is part of Stoke).

martinhutch

They got done over during WannaCry two years ago,

Nice to see that the speed of IT infrastructure improvements in the NHS hasn’t increased in recent years. Fool me once, etc.

parkesie
    Free Member

Could be why my gp couldn’t access my xrays from Thursday

mickyfinn
    Free Member

The DNS issues weren’t DNS CloudFlare had a big outage and a lot of ‘tinterne use it for CDN.
    It’s better now

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

IT issues sez da man….

Linky

dirkpitt74

Glad I had all my appointments yesterday at Stafford!

Cougar

I work in NHS IT/Cyber…

How’s the NHS getting on with Bluekeep mitigation? (I ask in a wholly unrelated and totally nothing to do with this story at all sort of way…)

mickyfinn
    Free Member

It’ll be fine as their Windows 7 > 10 migration will be finished by now 🙂

Cougar

So is ours.

I found a Windows XP SP2 machine this morning.

Pyro

How’s the NHS getting on with Bluekeep mitigation?

Patching’s been done in our bit (CCG & Primary Care), not sure about the local hospitals trust.

It’ll be fine as their Windows 7 > 10 migration will be finished by now

When NHS Digital pull their finger out of their arse and sort out the allocation of W10 Enterprise/ATP licenses, we’ll start it…

wwaswas

Don’t laugh – Glastonbury is still on Windows XP:

windows xp fail.

Cougar

Patching’s been done in our bit (CCG & Primary Care), not sure about the local hospitals trust.

Cool. It’s consumed my life for a couple of weeks. Fortunately I don’t have to do the actual patching myself these days (bar a few systems), rather my role has been to ask people if they’ve patched everything and then prove them wrong. (-:

mattyfez

Don’t worry Jeremy or boris will fix it all.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cyber attack on Stoke/Stafford hospital’ is closed to new replies.