Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • CX racing frickin rocks
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Class day at a local event, kids racing first, followed by a mixed sen/vet/ladies main race.

Sunny, families watching, cowbells. £5 entry, free parking, no long drives to forests in middle of nowhere.

Top end bikes mixed with tatty old mtbs. Short circuits so lots of action for spectators.

Bloody brilliant, just saying like.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

£5 …..that seems cheap.

bones76
    Free Member

Would have to agree, I have done three races in the past three weeks and can’t wait until next weekend! I love it so much that even after busting my rear wheel last weekend i decided i didn’t want to miss out so brought my HT out to play, big mistake though as the course was a mud bath and i struggled! But i did finish and have learnt there is more to this game than i first thought! Bring on Liverpool next weekend!! 😀

bones76
    Free Member

I have been paying around £11 per race which i think is a fair for a day racing

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Beacon ……. yeah grim. 🙁 snapped mechs a plenty yesterday.

jonba
    Free Member

neccl then?

Run by the TLI and is very cheap and well run. Good fun course today. Bit of a shock as it is the first winter race I’ve done. Guy who won was on a singlespeed with baggy shorts, wonder if he posts on here.

bones76
    Free Member

Beacon that’s the one! you had to dig deep didn’t you?! Have you done that course before? was talking to one guy who was watching on part of the course who says it’s always like that there?! Luckily i got away with no damage this week!

Edric64
    Free Member

Western league races are £11 or £14 without a license

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Never thought I’d say it but I’d love to give CX racing a bash. It’s the British Universities Champs in a couple of weeks but I’m racing the Dudes of Hazzard Enduro instead. One day though, I’ll get one entered.

sefton
    Free Member

I did a mech in at beacon yesterday! 50mins in. some good pics here
    http://www.martinholdenphotography.co.uk/-/galleries/st-helens-crc-cyclo-cross-beacon-park

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Never raced beacon..was warned it would be muddy. Unlike liverpool. Good race though but could have cut a couple of needless sections out.

eddie11
    Free Member

Cx rocks. Neccl rocks. 10 quid including day lisence. Seemed a small field today. The fronts normally 21 yr old skinny off season roadies but they didn’t seem to be out today. but respect to singlespeed winner. I stole a place from a lovely blue traitor single speed on the last hill after drafting him half the race. like a real man. Yeah.

ourmaninthenorth

Don’t. Due to a year-long health saga I’ve completely missed this season. Gutted.

Glad you’re having fun!

carbon337
    Free Member

Jonba, i ended up taking 3rd place of your steels team mate after i queired the results. THey forgot to count my first lap as i fell of when in first, was gutted as i was determined to beat the single speed guy. He wont the One Peak at hetton so dont take him lightly. Comes down from Edinburgh.

NECCL 10 quid without TLI licence £5 with, i race TLI mid week road races through summer so have licence.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘CX racing frickin rocks’ is closed to new replies.