Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • cx front brake judder
  • daftvader
    Free Member

afternoon…

picked up my new c2w bike yesterday (CAADX sora) and after the initial new bike fettle I have taken it for a spin and its great .
    problem is the front brake judders like a juddery thing… how can i stop this please?
    i know there was something about this a few weeks ago but cant find the post.

cheers

aP
    Free Member

Put a fork mounted cable stop on it, and toe the pads in.

Spin
    Free Member

There are a whole host of potential solutions like toeing in pads, trying different pads, trying different brakes, using a different hanger to shorten the length exposed cable etc etc.

None worked for me.

daftvader
    Free Member

so what did work then spin?

ton

fork mounted cable hanger sorted my spesh cross bike, which were well known for the fork judder thing.
    spesh new this and sent the hangers out f.o.c

Spin
    Free Member

Nothing, until I broke the carbon fork and went back to the original alloy one.

daftvader
    Free Member

hmmmm… really dont want to have to start playing around with buying new bits strait away… looks like i may have to try moving the pads first and work from there. cheers for the suggestions

DeMoose
    Free Member

I had exactly the same problem with my 105 caadx bike. The tektro brake was terribe. Bought some shimano BR-CX70 cross brakes. Problem solved and no fork brace required.

benji
    Free Member

My SuperX came with TRP froglegs look great, classic cross brake, but shuddered something horrible, changed to avid ultimates job done, no more judder.

mav12
    Free Member

lenthening the straddlle wire reduced it a lot for me but reduced the braking effectiveness mini vs seems the way to go according to previous posts going to try these next

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Make sure the headset is tight.

Spin
    Free Member

lenthening the straddlle wire reduced it a lot for me but reduced the braking effectiveness

Quite a few of the supposed solutions work on that premise.

daftvader
    Free Member

Will check the headset as the cassette was only done up finger tight! Will try toeing in thepads too. At legoland fireworks ATM so cant do a thing about it….

crazy-legs

I had the same on my Specialized CX bike, the only thing that cured it was that fork mounted cable hanger that ton linked to ^^.

daftvader
    Free Member

Thats probably what I’ll do thenthen 8O…. Didnt like how much the forks flexed 😯

bratty

I found the fork mounted cable hanger the best solution. It was about the only way which worked for me.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘cx front brake judder’ is closed to new replies.