Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • CX chain guide / jump stop suggestions for single ring
  • Garry_Lager

I need something like a jump stop to go on my CAADX for races, but the model I have has a slightly flared seat tube toward the bottom, meaning an actual jump stop probably won’t fit very well. Any ideas on what might work as an alternative?

The front der clamping position is just above the start of the flaring, so any plate that hung down from a higher sort of fixing would work, just don’t know what that might be.

thomthumb
    Free Member

dog fang and narrow wide on mine. not raced this set up yet but lots of summer gravel and it;s been great.

BenjiM

Stupid question, are you actually dropping your chain or do you think you need one? I run my chain a bit short and haven’t had any issues with dropping during races. using a cheap and nasty Aliexpress NW chainring and it’s been faultless so far! Was about 7 quid. Will be at Horwich for the seniors this weekend if you want to take a look. I’m on a 2014 Boardman Team by the way.

Garry_Lager

It’s perhaps a bit belt and braces – I ran without any sort of chain device for a season no prob (even some really heavy courses), but in the last race I did drop the chain. I guess as the drive train wears it becomes more likely. Likewise on my other bike the drivetrain was generally solid with no chain plate but I skippped it off once on a big upshift across the block going into a hill.

So if I can pick something up that works for a few quid it’ll probably be worth it over a season.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘CX chain guide / jump stop suggestions for single ring’ is closed to new replies.