Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • cwncarn parking
  • infidel
    Free Member

I’m heading to Cwmcarn next month and fancied taking 2 bikes but am not sure how safe the car park is re leaving a bike in the car while a I ride the other – am I just being paranoid?

Ta!

mamadirt
    Free Member

am I just being paranoid?

No 🙁

I’m sure folks have done it and if it’s out of site it ‘may be fine’ but personally I wouldn’t let mine out of my site 😕

valleydaddy
    Free Member

always a risk for sure anywhere not just Cwmcarn.

dependant on your car/vehicle can you get it in the boot with the wheels off to hide it??

If it’s during the daytime try and park up by the trail head so it would be real obvious if some scrote was trying to break into your vehicle as there will be a good number of passers by hopefully.

On the other hand if you’re that worried just take one bike and come back another day with the other one

Pooley
    Free Member

I could be wrong, but I think the cafe at CC has CCTV as an additional security measure, park in there

andrewh
    Free Member

I have a ground anchor in mine, a big cable round where the seats used to go and a huge padlock. Working on the assumption that the car is much harder to nick than then bike in boot and so joining them toegther quite firmly.

Englishmastiff
    Free Member

Was only speaking to a chap the other day who had his bike stolen out of his car from that car park. It’s not just there, it’s anywhere that the scabby little thieves know is a regular MTB car park and will probably produce the goods.
    The fact you have asked means you have your doubts, you will never forgive yourself if you take it now and it gets nicked.
    valleydaddy is right, bring it another day.

hambl90
    Free Member

They have bike lockers now out side the visitor centre .

Driller
    Free Member

Bike theft is a massive issue at Cwmcarn, we were there late last summer and uniformed Police were around talking to all the riders they could.

The problem has been so bad apparently that the Police have been using covert surveillance to try and catch the thieves, including officers concealed in the trees and bushes around the area. It must be pretty bad if they’re going to those lengths.

I know lots of people who have had bikes stolen out of parked cars. And there are lots of reports of riders being followed home from Cwmcarn.

Be very careful.

infidel
    Free Member

Thanks all. Will only take the 1 bike. Sadly!!

cubemeup
    Free Member

ring ps cycles see what they could do for you only 2 mins down the road

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘cwncarn parking’ is closed to new replies.