Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cwmcarn Pwca blue – getting to start
  • pedlad

Missed it completely last time as I’d assumed the start was off the shared start of the two reds. Hoping to do it next time as a warm up before heading onto Twrch or Cafall. Looking at trail forks, it’s off the road you cross on the last descent of Twrch but with no obvious track to ascend…whats the best way up? Cheers.

PhilO
    Free Member

Your first guess was correct. You turn sharp (>90 degrees) right at the multi-way junction where the shared climb, Cafall Descent and Numeracy Trail all come together. It’s pretty obvious, but very steep initially, so easy to assume that it’s a footpath I imagine.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Dude, there’s a fuggin’ massive sign ha ha.

As PhilO says, its about 10 mins into it.

Also, whilst it’s ‘Blue’ it’s very easy to go very fast and have it bite you, I know loads of people who’ve crashed on it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Follow the first climb from the car park, then immediately as it flattens out you’ll get to a junction with some signs. One of these is the blue Pwca one you missed 🙂

dirtyboy

And your thighs will be screaming halfway down

doomanic

Also, whilst it’s ‘Blue’ it’s very easy to go very fast and have it bite you, I know loads of people who’ve crashed on it.

This. At “blue” speeds it’s fine but start to press on and some of the lips can catch you out.

joebristol

It’s hilarious – once up the short steep climb it’s just like a rollercoaster / pump track all the way down. Berms and rollers everywhere – some are nice to clear, some I sort of attempted to manual last time I did it.

pedlad

Ok ta will look. Not sure how two of us managed to miss the signs 😅

chuddee
    Free Member

Drop onto it on the final descent of the Twrch just before the bridge that crosses it.makes a much better ending to the Twrch if you ask me

joebristol

Drop onto it on the final descent of the Twrch just before the bridge that crosses it.makes a much better ending to the Twrch if you ask me

That final bit of the Twrch is flat out fast and roller coaster like….not sure I’d want to skip it.

Although I do love pwca too – for the sake of 15-20 mins I’d just do Pwca seperately I reckon

plastercaster
    Free Member

Blasphemy! I love the last descent of Twrch. Proper fast.

I tried Pwca once and felt like I had to pedal through most of it. Maybe I need to work on my pump track skills.

P-Jay
    Free Member

it makes a much better ending to the Twrch if you ask me

Heresy! Burn them!

joebristol

I tried Pwca once and felt like I had to pedal through most of it. Maybe I need to work on my pump track skills.

I did it twice last year and I don’t remember huge amount of pedalling once up the first steep bit – just lots of pumping, doubling up smaller rollers and berming

dove1

Head up the climb out of the car park until you get here:

Then go through the gap in the wall on the right and you’ll see the sign for the 3 trails:

You then almost double back on yourself to start Pwca:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn Pwca blue – getting to start’ is closed to new replies.