Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cwmcarn conditions please?
  • ready

Heading to Cwmcarn this weekend. Is everything open and riding well?

joebristol

I’m off there on Saturday too. Imagine the trails will be fine. Only thing is it’s meant to be dry all week but rain all day Saturday!

Trails might be a bit puddly but that’s about it apart from the bit in the trees near the top of Cafell which can get a little bit muddy.

snaps
    Free Member

I holds up well & is still grippy in the wet.

eskay

I went on Sunday morning and was expecting a quiet ride but found out there was an enduro event on! Twrch was shut but Cafell open, it was fine despite heavy rain Saturday night, a few pools lower down the trail but general OK.

ready

Thanks all.
    Eskay, was Twrch shut because of the enduro? Or more forestry work being done?

richwales

twrch was open last night and bone dry

joebristol

Twrch was just shut due to the enduro I think – it’s been back open fully for some months now.

eskay

It was shut for the enduro

molgrips
    Free Member

Cwmcarn is always fine to ride. If it’s pissing down during your ride you will get through brake pad material pretty quickly, but you will still have a great ride.

And any surface water dries up really quickly too, except for the odd puddle and even they don’t last long.

P-Jay
    Free Member

She’s mint at the moment (bar the bottom of the original DH track which is being tarted up at the mo).

Crew has been up this week draining puddles but it always rides well in any weather.

ashweee
    Free Member

I’ll be there Saturday too so if you see someone on a grey Stanton switchback sweating his knackers off that’ll be me.

I don’t know if It’s just me but I think cwmcarn rides better in the wet than the dry, I seem to have more grip in the wet.

joebristol

Maybe you’ll also spot me on my orange Bird Aeris trying (and failing) to keep up with my much fitter mate uphill. Obs I’ll be smashing on the dh’s though.

Planning to do Cafell but with a cut down the Pedal hounds DH run. Then up Twrch and session th airstream bit a few times. Then either finish the lap of twrch or try to see if we can pedal over to the other DH for a look – not sure if that’s possible or not but we’ve never tried it and fancy a go.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn conditions please?’ is closed to new replies.