Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cwmcarn
  • ransos
    Free Member

Has anyone been recently? I was thinking of heading over this Saturday, but don’t know the latest regarding trail closures etc. Any info gratefully received.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Was there at the weekend, Cafall is fully open and riding well, it’s wet and slippery but still lots of fun – some of the sections are stupidly dark this time of year though I saw a few guys with riding lights at midday!

Twrch just isn’t worth riding IMO, the trail consists of the start to the wooden bridge / drop on the DH – about 200m worth – then it’s a shove up a muddy track to the level of the road drop on the DH – then a good few KMs of soggy fire road, then another steep shove up to the cross roads for the last 3 sections back down – worse than that because it’s not being ridden much and maintained less it’s very overgrown, covered in branches and leaf litter so slower going than usual – final section into the carpark is still as good as ever, but you can access than from the end of the Cafall.

timbo678
    Free Member

I was there two weeks ago, Cafell all okay but Twrch mostly closed. Push up past the DH track then a long fireroad slog up to the slab (concrete bit about 2/3rds way round). The trail is then as normal back to the car park

ransos
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I do love that final section on the Twrch so might put up with the pain of getting there. Was planning to ride both trails – I’ve never done Cafall.

ransos
    Free Member

Update – went yesterday and I thought Cafall was terrific. The technical climb is so much more interesting that the fireroad slogs that blight trail centres, and the descents had more than enough fun, particularly in the cold and wet conditions. The trail seemed to be holding up very well considering all the rain we’ve had.

wrecker
    Free Member

Not been in months, won’t bother until Twrch reopens.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn’ is closed to new replies.