Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cwmcarn!!
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

http://www.cognation.co.uk/cwmcarn-new-xc-mtb-route-south-wales

New trails at Cwmcarn sound good but I am confused about the new DH track. Is it on a different hill to the old one? If so how will the uplift work?

kimbers

Im sure I heard it was on a different hill
    I think the logistics/price of another road crossing on the existing side were prohibitive?

I also see that theyve reduced their uplift from 1 to 2 buses due to drop in demand
    Im not surprised, I love the DH track there and they pioneered uplifting in the UK but they shouldve built a 2nd track 5 years ago,
    I suspect that the opening of BPW has given the the kick up the backside they needed!

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes that on the left hand side hill looking up the valley.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    greeble
    Free Member

The forest drive is closed for up to 3 years as they are going to cut down 90% of the trees there. and the uplift is down to 1 bus week days and weekends due to the fact that bikepark wales have taken all the bookings!

grahamt1980

Having ridden at antur, and seen some of the videos of bike park Wales, not surprised at all they are seeing a drop in trade.
    I can’t say I will be planning on heading back there anytime soon. 25 minute uplift at cwmcarn against a 6 minute one at antur and more tracks. Not even a competition!

scottfitz
    Free Member

So I wonder which hill the uplift will go up? It will be a big old push up.

greeble
    Free Member

turn left at the toll booth and up that way

lucien

Is this the new 29’er / 650b / 26″ debate? There’s space for them all, and all good for mountain biking – don’t announce the death of Cwmcarn just yet!

GolfChick
    Free Member

I really enjoy cwmcarn xc route but its quite short n easily finished in a few hours so this is great news, soon as the xc route is done it’ll be one to add to the days riding

molgrips
    Free Member

Cwmcarn is the best XC I’ve ridden, I love it and I live nearby. Yay 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

If Loco is correct and there are going to be trail on the eft side of the tollbooth then there has been stuff up there for years, lots of dirt bikes use the stuff up there as well.

There is a really challenging downhill on the opposite side of the valley from the roundabout in Pontywaun with the wooden sign on it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn!!’ is closed to new replies.