Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cwmcarn?
  • Simon

What do you lot think of the Twrch Trail at Cwmcarn?

I’m at my mum’s in Herefordshire for Easter and I was thinking of going over to Cwmcarn tomorrow morning and wondered what people thought of it.

And would I find myself underbiked if I had a go at the DH on my 456? 😉

clubber
    Free Member

the dh is ok on pretty much any bike unless you want to be really fast.

The xc trail is good but the big climb is only just paid back by the rest of the trail though the final dh is great. For some reason it’s much better as a night ride though.

MrNutt
    Free Member

love it and I’d say yes you would probably find yourself a tad “underbiked” but what the hell! 😀

Simon

I found some vids of the DH on Vimeo, looks OK apart from the drop after the fire road, there was even a video of a guy riding it on a Holeshot.
    I might just drop my saddle and give it a go, what could go wrong?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Most of the Twrch top section was closed last month

mamadirt
    Free Member

The drop after the fireroad is fine so long as you keep right. Steep but stony as it’s been resurfaced with rock slabs so plenty of grip. Have fun 😀

domjohn123
    Free Member

the twrch trail is all open cos we went there last weekend, definatly worth goin to, if you want something more XC there is Afan, although that is a little bit further. 🙂

Taz

Twrch is great as a double lapper. 1 lap will be a bit short for that drive. It is now all open and the Freeride is fun also and probably better on a HT. Before my 456 was stolen it was my bike of choice for Cwm Carn.

Simon

Thanks for all your replies.
    Hope the weather tomorrow is as good as the forecast.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn?’ is closed to new replies.