Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • CV writing / careers advice services recommendations?
  • devash
    Free Member

I’m sure there was a good thread about this a few weeks ago but I can’t find it using the search function so might have just imagined things.

I’m looking for a career change but am really struggling to get my head around what I actually want to do. Another issue is that I’m crap at writing CVs / Linkedin profiles and tend to undersell my experience and achievements. I’ve led a really interesting life, done some cool things work-wise, involving lots of international experience, but just can’t seem to get that across.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for people / companies that help with this sort of thing? Preferably reputable ones, as it seems like there’s a lot of people out there with ‘print off’ certificates claiming to be careers coaches, who have minimal to no experience.

lunge

Here’s the original thread:

CV writing recommendations?

devash
    Free Member

@lunge That’s the one! Cheers for finding it.

argee

I’d forget about the CV just now and narrow down what you want to list as your main achievements and qualifications, and what market you want to aim at, otherwise you’re just going to write a generic CV that might miss of the pertinent parts of your career against what you’re after.

The first step is understanding what you want to do, no point going any futher than that, as each area has its own ways and means of hiring and formulating the right CV, Linkedin is basically a lot of recruitment people searching for candidates for roles they have, it’s very much keyword bingo.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘CV writing / careers advice services recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.