Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Cutting a car tyre off a wheel
  • joefm

I mean with the wheel laying flat, lower the car onto the sidewall with the disc pushing down on the side wall. But then again not sure a smart car will be heavy enough.

I mentioned the front because you have drum brakes on the rear.

If you’re concerned about damaging tyres you should probably take it to a man

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Don’t be surprised when you wake up in the morning and find the front of your car is also on bricks and your front wheels have been stolen

cynic-al
    Free Member

joefm, I see..

McMoonter…which could happen at any time, 1 wheel on bricks or not?

I do have a security nut on each wheel BTW

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oh **** it

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Yn8VQu]2017-09-11_03-19-58[/url] by alan cole, on Flickr

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well I got there, but I cannot recommend it:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YkFeES]IMG_20170911_164052[/url] by alan cole, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YnhjWJ]IMG_20170911_154158[/url] by alan cole, on Flickr

perchypanther
    Free Member

Bare feet and a chisel.

You really are a poster boy for H&S. 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have a lump on a foot bone and a holed sock from a chisel incident when making the Frankenbike.

🙂

shifter
    Free Member

Those are not normal toes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

So I took the 2nd tyre to the fitter who loved showing me his fancy Bosch machine that removed tyres.

It was pretty awesome.

trail_rat
    Free Member

So you were simply removing them to avoid the disposal charge or was there another real reason to do it ?

maccruiskeen

Neandertal DNA

CountZero

Those are the toes of an individual who brachiates.

simondbarnes

So you were simply removing them to avoid the disposal charge or was there another real reason to do it ?

If you’d read the thread you’d know it was to avoid a trip to the tyre fitting place.

trail_rat
    Free Member

oh i got that …but i see no reason to do it unless he was simply trying to avoid the disposal fee as im sure the next step will be to go to the tire fitting place to have his shiny new tire fitted and balanced.

sweepy
    Free Member

Its the balancing where it all falls down

simondbarnes

oh i got that …but i see no reason to do it unless he was simply trying to avoid the disposal fee as im sure the next step will be to go to the tire fitting place to have his shiny new tire fitted and balanced.

Once again, if you’d read the thread he is going to re-furb the wheels before fitting new tyres. Anyway, he ended up going there anyway 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Cutting a car tyre off a wheel’ is closed to new replies.