Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cut n Shut! – A question for the fitness experts..
  • Tiger6791

So basically I have a body of 2 halves a sort of cut n shut type affair.

Bottom half is fine and I have the legs of an athelete

Top half is a bit Bernard Manning.

Now I know I need to eat less but all my exercise is cycling every week.

Road ride Sat – 25-50 miles
    MTB Sunday 2-3 hours
    Spinning for 45 mins twice a week
    Turbo trainer once a week.
    Odd night ride mid week sometimes.

What the best thing for getting rid of the moobs and gut?

I don’t really have time for the Gym and I don’t want to sacrafice any of the cycling. Could maybe squeeze a run in on an evening but not sure this would help.

Sit ups? Rowing? Push ups? are all options.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Building muscle under fat will make you look fatter. Judging by that work load I’d suggest you want to focus on diet rather than more exercise.

Tiger6791

The problem is food tastes too good.

iainc

swim

5thElefant
    Free Member

Just modify what you eat. Protein suppresses apetite. For example, swapping to a more germanic breakfast – cold meats, cheese etc. Eat meat with salad rather than pasta. ‘Dieting’ doesn’t have to mean not eating well.

donsimon
    Free Member

iDave diet.

phinbob

I’ll let the debate about what to eat run s I’m no expert (but do find a higher pritein diet + lots of veg the easiest to live with).

I had exactly the same issue as you, bottom half ok, top half shocking.

If you want to get this done you need eat less calories, by 500-1000 a day. That’s going to take a bit of adjusting to and that’s the tough bit, even if you go for the ‘best’ diet.

I found that I had to make a project of it, really focus for a few months on dropping the weight. I had a really positive mental picture of the slimmer me and I would picture it when tempted to overeat. Weight yourself, I think weekly is as frequently as you want to go.

Take a look at some of the stuff by Tom Venuto – I’m not advocating the nutrition / exercise he prescribes but the mental aspect is IMHO bang on.

phinbob (well nearly) (used to be fatbob).

cynic-al
    Free Member

that’s plenty exercise.

self adiscipline needed.

Shandy
    Free Member

Cut carbs whenever you can, but allow yourself some before, during and after exercise.

Protein recovery drinks and protein at breakfast.

Protein = speedy recovery = less snacking.

Tiger6791

Right eat less it is then.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I’d say cut back on the pork and in addition do longer slower rides, but I’ll get shot down in flames for this 🙂

OR you go down the high intensity intervals route.. I suspect it depends on how you ride during those hours and miles, and how long you’ve been doing it for.

Yes for recovery drink, no for protein drinks at breakfast. Energy drinks can help, because you can keep your energy levels just enough to do your rides which means you can diet properly the rest of the week.

Or you could try the iDave diet.. Will almost certainly work 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Bottom half is ok as it kind of has to be if it’s to cart your lardy top half around. Just go ride your bike more and work up a bit more of a sweat and you’ll be grand.

nickc

What the best thing for getting rid of the moobs and gut?

You know the answer to that, don’t you?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cut n Shut! – A question for the fitness experts..’ is closed to new replies.