Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cut Gate update
  • Pook

The work on Cut Gate is going to start this winter and should be completed before nesting season next year.

We (me, Si and our partners in other groups) are really chuffed with how the plans have come together and are looking forward to seeing your support turn into real, advocacy led trail improvements – led by MTBs for all.

Details here

http://www.ridesheffield.org.uk/2019/09/cut-gate-work-begins-soon/

Cut Gate – all looking good for October

Cut Gate: time to get cracking

fathomer

Excellent work, keep it up 🙂

Tracey

Looks good. At least doing it through the winter should show the repairers the worst bits at the worst time.

chakaping
    Free Member

Great to see it progressing already.

😀

rossburton
    Free Member

Never ridden up there but I chipped in to the fund raiser, so this is great to see. Also loving the section names: Bog of Doom and Bog of Mild Peril.

ebennett

Great work, it’ll be awesome to have that route as an option for most of the year – so many times this summer I’ve given it a miss as the bogs were likely to be bad! Will be interesting to see what the NT do with the section between the cairn and the flags, hopefully they don’t just pave it all.

dawson

Woop!

Thanks for your efforts on this.

I hope it doesn’t cause traffic to increase because people think its now an all-weather trail, and it just gets knackered somewhere else.

flyingmonkeycorps

Amazing, thank you.

Has there not already been some work at the bottom towards the stream and Slippery Stones? Pretty sure it had been tweaked (sympathetically) around the rocky section before the last split with the footpath and the boggy bit between the stream and the doubletrack.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cut Gate update’ is closed to new replies.