Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cut Gate conditions ce weekend
  • Garry_Lager

[Sry – seems like this one gets done everyweek]

Not ridden Cut Gate before and thinking of mincing over there this Sunday. Good time to do it? I understand it can get quite boggy.

bloodyshins
    Free Member

It will be fine at the moment. Not been down Cut Gate this summer yet but I live in the area and all the trails are riding sweet. You might hit the odd bit of bog but nothing major. Enjoy it… great trail (except for the c*nt of a climb at the start).

AlexSimon

I always feel that a clearance of that climb is within my grasp, but I’ve never managed to pull it off.
    Love Cut Gate. It will be riding perfectly at the moment. In fact I fancy it asap.

miguel73
    Free Member

Doing Cut Gate this Sunday too, might even link it into Doctors Gate and make it longer! Done different Peaks rides over the last 4 weekends and they’ve all been brilliant! The weathers been spot on too and the forecast looks OK for this Sunday as well

Garry_Lager

Thanks all.

Had my eye on that Drs Gate loop too for additional epic-ness. There’s a decent amount of road / tourist track in that loop so it doesn’t look like it would be a real ball-breaker.

dawson

I’m doing Cutgate on Sunday too, 9am ish starting from Fairholmes on a Genesis – I’ll try to say Hi!

My plan is Fairholmes, slippery stones, North america, back along cut gate, back down the side of the Res, WLT, up the road and back up the side of the REs, hagg farm descent, push up the beast, down jaggers clough to edale, hollins cross, rushup edge, back down chapel gate to edale along the road,jaggers clough, potato alley, across the road, then climb to lockerbrook, then fairholmes.

I might be a bit broken by the end…

teamslug
    Free Member

Not been up there but weather around here Barnsley/Penistone is really good at the mo. Should be ok with another couple of dry days forecast.

benman
    Free Member

My plan is Fairholmes, slippery stones, North america, back along cut gate, back down the side of the Res, WLT, up the road and back up the side of the REs, hagg farm descent, push up the beast, down to edale, hollins cross, rushup edge, back down chapel gate to edale along the road, potato alley, across the road, then climb to lockerbrook, then fairholmes

I wouldn’t bother with Chapel Gate, won’t be much of a downhill now its been resurfaced? I’d go up to Hollins cross and down the mam tor toboggan descent instead? And maybe climb the permissive path through the woods instead of pushing up the beast…

dawson

fair point on Chapel gate, the drainage channels are a tad annoying.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Anyone got room for one more in the car from Manchester?
    I’d like to bike this weekend but my car’s not working.
    Based in Altrincham but could maybe get the train to Stockport.

cheers

dawson

sorry, coming from other direction

Garry_Lager

Anyone got room for one more in the car from Manchester?
    I’d like to bike this weekend but my car’s not working.
    Based in Altrincham but could maybe get the train to Stockport.

cheers A lift would be no problem thegeneralist if I’m a definite to go – it would be on Sunday. I’ve got a bit ahead of myself in mentally deciding to do a proper ride that day, without actually checking with the missus 😳 However, I’m a mile and a half in the black on that score so I forsee no problems.
    Are you OK with a loop of some sort? I can’t be arsed with an out and back if I’m driving over there. Drop me an email and we can make some arrangements.

Pook

if you’re on Twitter look for @keeperofthepeak. it has regular updates on trail conditions

nosedive
    Free Member

I rode cut gate about 3 weeks ago after a lot of rain. It was fine. It should be really good now after the dry week we had, enjoy!!

I dont recommend riding doctors gate and making a triangle out of it though, the long linking section is a real grind and makes for a long ride, better just to ride cut gate out and back IMO, it makes good riding in both directions

shortcut

It was fine last weekend. Couple of damp bits but all OK!

thejesmonddingo

Went down Chapel Gate on Wednesday,doesn’t seem to be much of the resurfacing left,LOL.
    Ian

Pook

jesmond – trust me, there’s loads of the new surface on there….

its god awful

alanf
    Free Member

Been over cut gate today from Langsett to slippery stones and back.
    It’s riding very well at the moment, hardly any mud or damp to speak of.
    Should be great tomorrow too

Garry_Lager

Cut Gate was Susan-perb, what a trail, and dry as a bone.
    Doctors gate was sort of what I expected. Just one to tick off – if there was just 10% more rideable stuff it would maybe tip the balance into something to do regularly IMHO.

I passed a bloke on a spesh epic on cut gate, opposite direction. Then saw him again pushing up doctors gate (!) – is there some cheeky way off it at the top or something? Certainly an Impressive display of bike pushing.

miguel73
    Free Member

Just got back from cut gate too, decent ride and saw quite a few others sweating too! 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cut Gate conditions ce weekend’ is closed to new replies.