Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cut Gate Conditions?
  • spacehopper

thinking of popping over for a ride over cut gate from fairholmes on thursday… (or maybe dalby if the conditions up there are crap!)

anyone been up there recently? is it a bogfest after all the recent rain?

Cheers 😀

thepodge
    Free Member

Best to ask on Wednesday. Weather is very changeable at the mo. Wettest day ever yesterday, hottest day ever today.

gwj72
    Free Member

I’ll tell you later. Off up about 6ish.

gwj72
    Free Member

Reckon you’ll be fine thursday. Deep Ruts are still full but other than that drying out nicely. Didn’t go as far as cut gate as missus was with me (and fell off), but similar conditions.

spacehopper

excellent 🙂

*fingers crossed for no rain between now and thursday*

BadlyWiredDog

Some mates rode Cut Gate today, said it was soggy as hell and were plastered with sludge to prove it when they dropped in for tea and brownies on the way through.

gwj72
    Free Member

BWD – what time? It was **** scorching today, by 7 things were drying out top of kinder other than the deep ruts.

BadlyWiredDog

In the afternoon. it does get wet up there, the track mostly follows a natural drainage line.

iain1775
    Free Member

Did a loop all around ladybower area yesterday and it was sodden all over, was possibly the wettest I’ve ever seen it in some places. can’t imagine cut gate will be dry by Thursday even with another day like today

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cut Gate Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.