Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cut Gate conditions?
  • hardtailonly

Thinking about a Cut Gate ride this weekend. After the rain we’ve had, is that a good idea or is it likely to be a mess? Suspect North America will be no-go, but for the rest of it, is the work they’ve done enough to make it rideable?

davros

Yeah it will be fine. We did it in Jan but avoided north America as it’s apparently a disaster. Yes it will be muddy on top, but the new slabs mean the worst of it is avoided.

alexpalacefan

Did it a couple of weeks ago, dry enough then. Not that that’s very helpful.

But, avoid North America descent at all costs, I think it’s probably the worst example of sanitising I’ve ever seen:-(

APF

hardtailonly

Happy to report that conditions were pretty good. Some wet patches, some mud, avoided North America, but all very rideable!

hardtailonly

Quick thread ressurection …

Thinking of heading over Friday. What are the conditions like after the rain we’ve had recently? I’m sure the main route will be largely OK, has North America bedded in at all since they ‘improved’ it a couple of years ago?

Cheers.

hardtailonly

^^^ bump for the evening / Wednesday Peaks riders crew …

simono5

I did it on Friday from Langsett over to the reservoirs.

Was great, wet on the tops but not too wet.  We’ve had rain since but I’d not imagine it being too difference this weekend to what it was last.

Tracey

It’s rained heavily everyday since Saturday but that wouldn’t stop me riding it
    North America still needs a couple of frosty winters to start breaking it up. It’s not worth the ride down it yet

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Tracey, do you eeb it or neeb it?
    Intrigued by your post and wondering if having an ebike makes the difference on that boggy section up from the switchbacks on the north side.

hardtailonly

It’s rained heavily everyday since Saturday but that wouldn’t stop me riding it
    North America still needs a couple of frosty winters to start breaking it up. It’s not worth the ride down it yet

I know the ‘works’ have sanitised North America, but understand that, initially at least, it was still fast and fun in the dry, but sticky sludge in the wet … is that still the case?

Tracey

I wouldn’t have described it as fun compared to before the works 😉 It’s still a bit sticky but not as bad as it was. Last time we were up saw some riders a bit off the new surface as if they were trying to establish a new track. Couldn’t see where they had cut in from it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.