• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Customer Service Q – Products taken longer to arrive than expected
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

We recently moved house and in advance of this treated ourselves to some nice new furniture (sofa, chair, dining table + 4 dining chairs for a not so small amount of money – we’re talking Orange Stage 5 frame amount).

This was ordered on the last weekend of January and we were told would take approx. 10 weeks to arrive, we agreed to this as it would fit with us moving mid April.

On getting an update on the order in March we were informed the order would in actual fact take up to 16 weeks.

In reality the sofa & chair arrived in 15 weeks and the dining table + 4 dining chairs were delayed further and arrived last week at 18 weeks. I didn’t use credit so the items are now fully paid (paid final 1/3 last week before final delivery, if I hadn’t paid in full the final delivery wouldn’t of been made).

Now I’m not overly bothered, I’m just relieved that the order has arrived safely and thankfully all the items are beautiful peices of furniture. However my wife is still properly miffed that it took longer than the original 10 weeks and wants to chase up with customer services to try and get a partial refund back on the items on the basis of time taken. I personally don’t think there’s a chance in hell and honestly aren’t bothered about chasing it up…

STW thoughts? Would any STW’ers be like my wife in trying to get a small proportion of the payment back? Is it even worth the hassle?

theotherjonv

Frankly, no chance. Estimates will be exactly that…..estimates

P-Jay
    Free Member

take approx. 10 weeks

That’s life.

If they’d said “It will take 10 weeks” then you could moan a bit more, but they said approx, then they updated you it was going to be longer.

It’s unfortunate and maybe they knew from the outset it wasn’t going to be 10 but wanted the business, but there’s not much you can do about that after-the-fact.

Personally, I’d ask your Wife to get over it as best she can and enjoy her new furniture – and ideally not spend the next decade telling anyone who dares comment on it that it arrived late, let that shit go.

sandwicheater

Louise by any chance?

Just move on, life’s to short.

Cougar

With late deliveries you have a legal right to go “actually, forget it” and pursue a refund (with a few caveats). You’ve made the decision that you’d rather wait for the delivery than cancel, so I suppose have accepted that delay. I’d hazard that you’ve got a chance of a partial refund that sits somewhere between “none” and “the square root of **** all.”

What you might get away with perhaps is a gesture of goodwill, maybe a discount on future purchases if you ask nicely. Playing the “that’s not good enough” card a week after you’ve received the goods though, well, good luck with that.

DezB
    Free Member

Get the wife to send a complaint to customer services. They might do something, they might not. Send complaint by email and what have you lost? not even the price of a stamp…

zilog6128

Send complaint by email and what have you lost?

Except if she’s fuming now she’ll be even more stressed when she’s told (politely) to **** off. Plus OP gets his earhole bent even worse. Not all losses are monetary! Much better to accept it, move on & live stress free.

ehrob

It was an estimated timescale for delivery, so there’s nothing to complain about. Move on with your lives.

Cougar

Get the wife to send a complaint to customer services. They might do something, they might not.

if you do this,

Given what you’re entitled to (nothing) and and having spent a large proportion of my working life in or dealing with various support services, I would advise her very very strongly that she pays careful attention to the tone of her email. As the literally inaccurate but metaphorically correct saying goes, you’ll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Cougar

Also, that’s as good an excuse as any for an XKCD link.

https://xkcd.com/357/

DezB
    Free Member

Except if she’s fuming now she’ll be even more stressed when she’s told (politely) to **** off. Plus OP gets his earhole bent even worse.

Ah yes (Ted). This is why I don’t have a wife.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Customer Service Q – Products taken longer to arrive than expected’ is closed to new replies.