Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Custom made suspension fork legs/lowers?
  • SSBonty
    Free Member

The middle of those 3 last pics looks really nice and if I were doing what you are would be how i'd go about doing it. Is it a replica though, the 'mid top tube to bb tube' is way fatter and the shock arrangement at the bottom looks a little different. Anyway it's all nice late 90s stuff and matches the bike in both colour and 'style' i.e. lightweight but reasonably durable and not too out there for the sake of being out there or flashy. It all looks in keeping with the frame. You could easily do that with modern stuff that still looks reasonably retro – king stuff, sid forks with no stickers, ti riser bars, middleburn, formula r1 brakes etc, or search out the 'in character' late 90s stuff if you want it to be period appropriate.

One thing I think is that the 950 XTR (matte gray) goes really well with ti and would be period appropriate, recent xt and xtr are slightly flashier and look out of place on the first of those 3. The proportions are also right on the middle pic and wrong on yours as it is in the pic and the first of those three – it should be a slightly saddle up bars down build but not too XC arse in the air. saddle level with bars looks wrong in the pic of yours and saddle lower than bars looks really wrong on the first of those 3 pics.

But its your bike – pls post pics when you're done!

qwerty
    Free Member

surely its gotta be:

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Custom made suspension fork legs/lowers?’ is closed to new replies.