Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Custom steel frame builder
  • swamp_boy

Argos cycles in Bristol build frames to order as well as repairs, resprays etc. I can’t say how good they are at designing them, but the workmanship is pretty good, they put a rear disc mount and brace on my frame and the joins don’t show, it looks like it was made that way.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Brant, is that Kev Winter your’e on about? He built mine when he was at Fleet Engineers. Last I heard he was building for Donohues’s in Bishop Auckland, but that was a bit since.

brant
    Free Member

Brant, is that Kev Winter your’e on about? He built mine when he was at Fleet Engineers. Last I heard he was building for Donohues’s in Bishop Auckland, but that was a bit since.

Yeah. Really love his work.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/demon-frameworks-new-frames-first-look

Demon Frameworks – Anything you want and pretty to boot – check out the pics in the thread above.

Lovely guy too 🙂

bonesetter
    Free Member

I phoned around quite a few builders, both here and in the US and the one I made best/easiest contact with was Justin Burls.

All the others either away on holiday, didn’t return messages, emails, or did not do custom builds, or were too expensive – which is most of the US frame builders.

The Wolfhound (US) looks brilliant but would work out to close on £2K – for a steel frame!

So, Burls has supplied a few ti 29er’s although his main thing now is ti road frames, all made in Russia.

Here is a drawing he has made

Since then I am leaning to the side of steel as I think this might be the the material with the most compliance and alive feel – more soul

I have found a local frame builder looking into a similar full Reynolds 853 design…

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Custom steel frame builder’ is closed to new replies.