• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by paton.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Custom made stems (UK if possible)
  • aP
    Free Member

I’m looking at the possibility of getting a new custom length/ rise stem made. Anyone know of UK makes?
    I’m also aware of US makers such as Monē

b230ftw
    Free Member

Maybe ring some UK stem makers to see if they can do a one-off?

tomhoward

Rideworks did I think, not sure if they still do, or if there’s a minimum order.

Superstar might be able to too, but again, maybe not a one off.

Carbon wasp do custom projects, not just in carbon

Kingdom might be able to, but I’m guessing there.
    What do you need that isn’t currently available?

aP
    Free Member

I’d like to get a 1 1/8 short/steep 31.8 stem for a drop bar bike – I’m not hugely keen on massive spacer stacks, and don’t want a downhill style stem, and also potentially a 1″ custom stem for herself’s road bike for a short steerer.

LAT

Clandestine make custom stems. i suspect most custom frame builders would make you a stem. it will be expensive, though.

bigyan
    Free Member

August Bicycles (Norwich) makes custom brazed steel stems. Pictures on their instagram account

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Field Cycles from Sheffield had some stems on their website.

Probably every decent frame builder will be able to braze or weld for you custom stem.

For the adequate price I guess…

Cheers!
    I.

JoB
    Free Member

another vote for August Bicycles

qwerty
    Free Member

Yea, Clandestine have some expertise in this field:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7b5CN-l_oU/?igshid=1klwbez7ylv4t

akkwlsk
    Free Member

Vandal Metalworks as well https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMrgRBFoL5/

mick_r

Short and steep – sounds like you want a brazed limp d..k stem from one of the above framebuilders (safest Google is L D stem….)

Mowgli
    Free Member

Any CNC shop (of which there are thousands) should be able to machine one for you, if you can provide a design to them. Probably costly though as it’d need 2 or 3 re-jigs even on a 5 axis. You could design it to use a Thomson faceplate so you’re only making the body. Know anyone good with CAD? Could use this CAD file and modify it to your requirements.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ll design and 3D print you one

You’ll have to sign some disclaimers though, I don’t want your dentist bill 😂

aP
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, some good leads to chase up. Some offers, I may think about 🤔

andrewh
    Free Member

August Bicycles (Norwich) makes custom brazed steel stems. Pictures on their instagram account

Was that the company which made that rather nice blue singlespeed someone was showing off on here a couple of weeks ago? He said something about getting a custom stem made the same people.

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Ted James Designs would be the guy I’d go to for anything custom if I:
    A) could afford it
    B) could justify it
    C) wanted it to be superbly crafted
    D) wanted Ti or steel

paton
    Free Member

What material?

Steel, aluminium, titanium, CFRP ,magnesium?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Custom made stems (UK if possible)’ is closed to new replies.