Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Custom fit car windscreen / window sunshades?
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Are these a thing?

Anyone bought or made a custom fitted sunshade for their car windscreen to keep the sun out and stop it turning into an oven?

I have one of these folding nylon ones like a flat pop-up tent  which was ideal for the huge windscreen in my s-max but it’s way too big for my new car.

I might try one of the foil faced ones and try cutting it to size……

bob_summers

I might try one of the foil faced ones and try cutting it to size……

Thus guaranteeing weeks of bad weather.

If you find any suckers that work, let me know 

perchypanther
    Free Member

It was your thread that set me off musing bob but I didn’t want to hijack it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cheap roll up foil backed camp mat from B and M, cut to size.

ElShalimo

Or contact some manufacturers of campervan screens – a car screen should be considerably smaller and cheaper to make (if they have a decent template to work from)

codybrennan
    Free Member

I have one for my van, made by a company called “Rainbow Screens”.

It fits round the side windows too.

I like it.

Home

obadiah
    Free Member

https://www.carshades.co.uk    These are the guys you need PP

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jobbed…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Those CarShades are exactly the kind of thing I need.  Seriously considering getting a set.

Pity they don’t do them for the front windows or the windscreen.

Nobeers camping mat solution seems my best bet thus far for the front of the car.

BearBack
    Free Member

We have those carshades in our family mazda5. Excellent quality, fit and effectiveness. They were the only ones offering a solution when we looked

Primarily intended to keep the sun off the kids and the dog while travelling. We have UV film on all but the windscreen too but thos obviously don’t work with the windows down. Carshades still do

Regular concetina foil for the front when parked but everything helps with a black car baking in the sun. We have UV film on all but the windscreen too

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Custom fit car windscreen / window sunshades?’ is closed to new replies.