Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Custom cycle clothing suppliers – Any recommendations
  • singletrick
    Free Member

Thought I tap the unique resource that is singletrack.

Need to get a small number (about 15) of custom cycle jerseys (darkside) made up.

Anybody got any experiences good or bad of doing this? Any recommendations?

A quick google gives me Owayo and thecyclejersey.

Thanks in advance

Rob

clubber
    Free Member

We use Carvalho Custom. We’ve been getting kit from them for about 4 years now in which time I’ve done about 10 orders. The kit is great quality, their minimum qtys are very reasonable (and even the surcharges for going under are reasonable), they’re helpful (They’re based in Portugal but Charlie and Nicole are a Brit and yank respectively so English isn’t an issue and they always respond to emails quickly) and they’re cheap too (though a bit less so at the moment because of exchange rates).

There’s loads of pics of our kit on our site: http://www.lvis.org.uk

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have a cycle jersey one (not designed by me) good quality printing, high quality material and a good fit.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Endura do custom cycle jerseys under the name Tal

GaryLake
    Free Member

We’re going with Carvalho Custom based on LVIS’s recommendation, not got the kit yet but samples were sent free of charge and looked top notch and service has been brill so far.

singletrick
    Free Member

Cheers for the tips guys

Clubber,nice kit!
    What is Caravlho custom turn around time like?
    Typical organisation means time is slightly limited.

GaryLake
    Free Member

You’re probably screwed then – I had a phone around and most are working to 8 weeks or more at the moment.

singletrick
    Free Member

Got 8 weeks just!
    Better get on with it!

clubber
    Free Member

They usually quote 4 weeks though you need to add a week or so on for postage. That said, when we’ve needed things in a real rush, they’ve done everything they can to help and have done some really fast turnarounds. Your best bet would be to email Charlie and ask directly.

turboferret

Could also try Impsport, used them a few times a few years ago, and stuff was very nice, still wearing some of it.

One thing to bear in mind, is most places will use one screen print to do all sizes. If you have a range of sizes of kit to be made, consider how things will match up between panels, as they might not work so well at the extreme ends of the size spectrum.

Cheers, Rich

clubber
    Free Member

Carvalho Custom don’t do the one-size fits all for the design – one reason why I like their stuff since I wear XL…

boywilson
    Free Member

Caravlho kit is ok, but you can tell why its cheap. KALAS stuff is really good though

Oggles
    Free Member

I’m impressed with the Curve stuff our kit guy got through Bromley Bike. Seems to be better wearing for mountain biking than our old Impsport gear (still in one piece but looking tatty!) the material is a bit thicker and has proper zippers, not those flimsy little things. The bibshorts are nice too!

clubber
    Free Member

Caravlho kit is ok, but you can tell why its cheap

Hmmm.. I’d be interested to know what you think’s cheap about the quality. Most of our guys can’t understand how it’s so cheap when (their words) it’s as good as anything else they have.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Caravlho kit is ok, but you can tell why its cheap. KALAS stuff is really good though

Hmmm, the samples I had through were at the very least, Northwave quality…

Clubber, turnaround is 8 weeks at the moment, Charlie says they’re flat out at the moment…

I’m really tempted to post our design but want to wait until we have actual kit… must resist!

boywilson
    Free Member

The quality of the cut and the inserts are pretty basic, dont get me wrong its good kit, is well made and lasts a while but when compared to other custom kit ive had since (Giordana and KALAS) it is apparent how basic it is.

I used them for my old club kit as it was cheap and got members buying it which worked really well I think they switched supplier for the last order and were disappointed – the Giordana and KALAS were team kit so I have no idea about price

clubber
    Free Member

Out of interest which inserts were those? They’ve changed several times in the last four years (though I’ve found all of them comfortable as again do all our guys) and now have one that’s on a par with any of the good branded ones in terms of design/technology/etc:

Fit wise, the only thing that’s unusual is the jerseys – the pockets are more heavily elasticated than most other brands so they feel a bit odd when off the bike but they seem spot on once riding.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Brian at http://www.thecyclejersey.com/ is awesome.

Just got my mountain mayhem kit from him and his customer service is brilliant.

Also, if you provide the design he will make it.

boywilson
    Free Member

Might well have changed then, I seem to recall the insert being blue and white but I might have that wrong. Though the shape of the arms and lack of elastic was a bit weird but perhaps I’m just a strange shape!

druidh
    Free Member

Having just dealt with them, I’d recommend Endura. I particularly like them as they have a range of styles and they’ll let you make up a batch from any assortment. Good if you’re looking for short/long/half sleeve, road/XC/DH styles etc.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Can you design your own printing?

clubber
    Free Member

Well you can have whatever design you want if that’s what you mean.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Custom cycle clothing suppliers – Any recommendations’ is closed to new replies.