Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cussac France.
  • teamyeti
    Free Member

anybody got any experience of cycling in this area, thanks in advance.

saladdodger
    Free Member

HI I have had a bit of experiance of riding in the area because I have a place 10 miles from there.

In the village green opposite the Marie’s office there is a Randonne board with a few waymarked trails on it. Also close by ie less than 10 miles away is a lovely lake at St Mathieu again with a load of waymarked trails on it.

You could always make up your own routes if you want to borrow some ordanance survey (IGN french versions) of the area code numbers 1833e 1932o and 1832e

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The waymarked trails around St Mathieu are very pleasant if not hugely demanding. I rode them in the spring a few years ago on recommendation from her ( was that you salad dodger?) There is a noticeboard in the village centre with routes on it

saladdodger
    Free Member

Na sorry TJ twas not me

Stoner
    Free Member

Id guess it was stratobiker that might have mentioned the area TJ. He’s based somewhere near Limoges IIRC

http://www.stratobiker.com/

stratobiker
    Free Member

Yes TJ, twas me! 😉

Thanks Stoner, you are right.

Totally fabulous road riding circuits to be had.

For MTB, there’s a map board up in the town square showing some waymarked circuits.

What sort of riding are you looking for?

SB

teamyeti
    Free Member

Hi SB, my sister has some property there and have been thinking of coming out for a year or two, i was thinking of planning a a trip with some good road riding, just wondered what it was like out there, im equally as happy on the mtb though, maybe bring the x bike to cover all bases??

stratobiker
    Free Member

teamyeti – The road riding is superb. Blissfully quiet roads, beautiful countryside.

Mountainbiking can be a bit hit and miss without someone to guide you. Having said that, when I first came out here I just used to trend in a general direction for a couple of hours taking whatever path/trail took my fancy, then trend back.

If you could only bring one bike the cross bike would be a good choice.

Also, July and August get a bit hot, and off-road you get eaten alive. So it’s early morning or late evening with plenty of insect repellant.

I’d be happy to show you some of my favorite trails/roads when you come out. If you have a choice, then 2nd half of sept through to mid nov is usually fabulous.

SB

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cussac France.’ is closed to new replies.