Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Curzon Home Cinema- anyone using it?
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

Hi all.

I don’t make it out to the movies much these days, and stumbled on this Curzon Home Cinema thing. Looks like an on-demand service for current movie releases- I think?

And its available on my Samsung smart telly. Has anyone tried it?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes I use it, it’s pretty good.

We watch “World Cinema” stuff and most of the releases we couldn’t actually see in the cinema as they don’t make it to general release. I found the payment system they use slightly odd, you do end up with a credit balance mostly but it’s possible to set it so it’s only a few quid. I watch via my computer which is connected directly to the TV so I cannot comment on the tv-app.

ourmaninthenorth

Haven’t seen that. Might give it a whirl (must make better use of the smart features of my Samsung TV).

rewski
    Free Member

I use it on BT TV on my Youview Box, very good, some films are cinema releases too.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Thanks all.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Seems like the Samsung app has been pulled for now, and is being re-released this Summer:

http://www.curzoncinemas.com/samsung/

wwaswas

Assuming it’s the same company do a search for ‘curzon cinemas living wage’ and decide if you want to support the company.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@wwaswas – its a small independent cinema chain with small theatres in expensive rental locations, kings road, mayfair etc. They put the ticket prices up as they where struggling financially. Sadly I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go out of business. They pay above the minimum wage. I am sure there a plenty of people in central London making less than £7 an hour.

rewski
    Free Member

It’s definitely to go to place if you like arthouse, classic and music docs, just wish I had more time to watch films, they’ve got Ginger Baker, Pulp and Sex Pistols films on at the moment. And Long Good Friday.

rewski
    Free Member

Double post

rewski
    Free Member

Triple post … damn wacom stylus!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Curzon Home Cinema- anyone using it?’ is closed to new replies.