Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Curtis bikes website gone!
  • dizcostix
    Free Member

Where is it – have they wound down and out the game???

I certainly hope not.

nickhart
    Free Member

oh dear. hope that’s not bad news.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I noticed that the other week so its been down a while.

Mailed them towards the back end of last year and never had a reply.

Would imagine if they’d shut up shop it’d have been all over the net though and theres nothing out there so hopefully they’re still going.

orangeboy
    Free Member

A lad I know is getting a new frame this week so they are still around

collinstiffee
    Free Member

get back to us when that status changes to “A lad I know got a frame from them this week”…
    😉

nedrapier

Maybe they’re doing it quietly so as not to “do a Dekerf”

i.e. announce you’re shutting up shop only to be deluged by orders and persuasion not to close.

nedrapier

I also hope they’ve not shut up shop. ^ Just a thought that occured to me after the “we’d have heard about it” comment, that’s all!

Holiday, perhaps, or just concentrating on fulfilling a book full of orders rather than fixing website glitches.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Teaching frame building.

messiah
    Free Member

Website was very out of date so maybe it’s gone for that reason – I do hope they are still going.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My S1 is mind blowingly good. Was gonna sell it but just received derogatory offers (even though I bought it for a derogatory price when CRC were knocking them out at £200) so keeping it and giving it the build it should have had first time. Can’t imagine seat and chainstays on a mountain bike frame being as slim as my S1. Makes for an amazing ride…

rockfield
    Free Member

Brian is heavily involved in the bicycle academy frame building school, so hes definitely still making frames. Not sure what the story is with the curtis brand though.

Candodavid
    Free Member

There is a new website on the way, Gary is just moving house etc and finally getting his shit together, iirc he mentioned a 140mm 29er hardtail on the way, hoping to show at bespoked Bristol later this year

bigwheels2
    Free Member

Can any body help, I am trying to find an email address to send an enquiry to Curtis?

messiah
    Free Member

Email and phone number here for them but I don’t know how old it is.
    Best of British

Or you could try contacting him through The Bicycle Acadmey

billyblackheart
    Free Member

I have long lusted after a Curtis…but there just isn’t enough money or space for a steel hardtail 🙁

bigwheels2
    Free Member

Messiah, thanks I tried the address on ‘best of british’ but it bounced
    I guess it is a case of going old school and using a phone 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

I have Gary’s mobile number. If you mail me I will send it on

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Curtis bikes website gone!’ is closed to new replies.